Matija Šarkić

Danwichmann

20 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Time for this guy to be given a chance maybe? I'd be interested to hear other poster's views on this

I can't really see Bruce admitting we made such a huge cock up over Johnstone that we go for a youth player.  We're stuck with him or Bunn.

If this guy comes in, he makes a mistake, and then the fans are on his back. We don't need a 3rd inexperienced kid in nets, we need someone who isn't overawed. 

It's Bunn who should be starting, limited and basically shit though he no doubt is. 

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Have people seen him play before saying these comments? He's an outstanding young keeper I think, he really is brilliant 

They are all outstanding SGC! ;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Have people seen him play before saying these comments? He's an outstanding young keeper I think, he really is brilliant 

I think, if he's that good, with the volatility of our fan base at the moment... Then being shunted into the first team would ruin him right now. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

How does he compare to Seigrist?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

How does he compare to Johnstone? If he is as good as then I would rather be playing a Villa player rather than a Man Utd one.

34 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

How does he compare to Johnstone? If he is as good as then I would rather be playing a Villa player rather than a Man Utd one.

I think he has the potential to be better than him, I think he wouldn't have been on the bench recently if he wasn't trusted within the upper echelons of the football club

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Could give him a go on the last day of the season when nothing is riding on it. Other than that its far too early for him.

You believe we will be comfortably in the play off places by then? :D

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Fair play to him. I do think he needs to go out on loan next though. Johansson starts most U23 games and Emmanuel Idem is even more highly rated than both of them by some accounts. 

• Like 1

I assume we signed Johansson a while back so he's probably down the development road a little more than Sarkic who's been here 18 months.

I wouldn't rule him out making it though. Balkan players have tremendous will to make things of their careers given what they've been through in their upbringings although Sarkic wouldn't have experienced as much of that as the Serbs and Croats did coming through in the 90s.

They really live for Football though.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...

Not very topical but I was just on the OS and did not realise he was a real life time traveler.

Young goalkeeper Matija Sarkic has joined Wigan Athletic on loan. 

Sarkic will link up with the Latics until January 2008 in a five-month deal. 

The 20-year-old arrived at Villa Park from Anderlecht in the summer of 2015. 

He came through the youth system at the Belgian club - which oversaw the development of Vincent Kompany and Romelu Lukaku. 

Sarkic has been a mainstay of the U23 side this term in victories over West Brom and Fulham and a tight defeat to Stoke. 

Good luck Matija.

Shows how many people read the OS too I suppose!

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/08/29/sarkic-joins-wigan

Â