Matija Šarkić

Danwichmann

20 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

when johnstone arrived he was very shaky, soi would not be passing judgement on any keeper until at least 20 games in.  there is a lot of settling to do coming in from a foreign league.  Even De Gea was poor for united when he first arrived and he is a far better keeper and got far more protection than anyone is getting at the moment in the villa goal.  Moreira in particular i expect to be a quality keeper in time.

Moreira is Spanish, therefore flakey, pfm know!

• Confused 1

• 2 months later...

So what do we know about our u23 keeper Sarkic - went on loan to wigan last season not sure how many games he played and how well he did.

I am sure DS won't want to be seen as panicking but Nylan seems on hell of a liability at the moment - can we limp on until the Jan window with him in goal ?  

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

So what do we know about our u23 keeper Sarkic - went on loan to wigan last season not sure how many games he played and how well he did.

I am sure DS won't want to be seen as panicking but Nylan seems on hell of a liability at the moment - can we limp on until the Jan window with him in goal ?  

Not sure, I think he is probably a nice kid and very funny.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Could be, only Rodders0223 knows

I can’t speak for Rodders, but I’d imagine it’s because when you do an appraisal of a young player SGC, you normally say something along the lines of... “I’ve met him as well, seems a nice kid with a good sense of humour. “

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I can’t speak for Rodders, but I’d imagine it’s because when you do an appraisal of a young player SGC, you normally say something along the lines of... “I’ve met him as well, seems a nice kid with a good sense of humour. “

He is an excellent goalkeeper, I’d chuck him in but thankfully for all concerned, I’m not the manager 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Joined Stratford Town on loan, I was hoping we would loan him to a club in Lower Reaches of Football League personally.

http://www.stratfordtownfc.co.uk/news/new-signing-goalkeeper-matija-sarkic-has-joined-to-2378840.html

"Villa feel that Matija has a fantastic future in the game,we're pleased they trust us to look after & nurture their aspiring talents" Thomas Baillie

We are delighted to announce that we have highly rated Matija on a loan deal from Aston Villa. Matija graduated from the youth academy of Belgian club Anderlecht before signing a three-year contract with Aston Villa on 1 September 2015. He was the club's under 21 team's goalkeeper for the 2015–2016 season an in April 2017, he was named on the Villa first team bench for a league match against Reading  .
On 31 August 2017, Matija joined Wigan Athletic on a season long loan deal.

Town boss Thomas Baillie said of Matija’s signing;

"With many matches coming up over the Christmas period Matija has been signed on loan to add competition to the goalkeeping position. 
Villa feel that Matija has a fantastic future in the game and we are pleased they trust us to look after and nurture their aspiring talents here at Stratford."

Welcome to Stratford Matija!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

Â