Adama Traore

mwj

@GuillemBalague: Adama, new Aston Villa player for €10m+ €2 in variables: fast, irregular, too individualistic and has to be more humble. Got my doubts

Never liked the bloke tbh... Always thought Graham Hunter is the better analyzer or whatever you want to call them.. now i dont like him whatsoever... how dare he have a bad thing to say about Adama !!!!!!!!!

I don't mind Balague - I think he's a very watchable pundit who usually has a decent insight into the game

I also don't think his comments are probably far off - we've bought potentially a fantastic player, but one that isn't the finished article by any means. Sherwood's words were carefully chosen I think - when he said has come here to continue his development and we are committed to put time on the training ground to help him improve. I suspect Balague is trying to explain why Barca have let him go and why he hasn't gone to e.g. another team in the Champions League.

Thats not to say that I'm not excited and also that I'm not expecting him to have an impact - he's another signing to get bums on seats and I for one like players who are a bit selfish and a bit cocky - we need some more of these types of guys!

I've thought he was a prick ever since the Barry/Liverpool summer.

Yeah - he was tight with Benitez and reckoned he had the scoop of the summer by saying that Barry was set for Liverpool signed, sealed, and delivered.

He's the kind of guy that trades on the 'as I reported three months ago.....' lines whenever he's interviewed about anything.

I see much murmurings and discussion about this buy-back clause.  To put it into real terms - it's a player Barcelona (bloody Barcelona!) highly rate and it is in their interest to seek to have his talent should he prove to be the player that everyone hopes he his.  I take 2 things from this:

1) He's bloody good

2) He's unlikely to play for another Premiership team assuming he plays well and we've earned ourselves a real coup, much to the annoyance of the "big boys" in our league.

I'm highly excited about this (and for the work Tim has done on building his vision of the team).  The top 6 will take note.  Welcome Amigo!

Wearing no. 20 and will be paraded before kick-off

Adama Traore will wear the No.20 shirt for Villa. ..

Traore will be paraded at Villa Park this evening at the Man Utd game.

The winger, who joined us today from Barcelona on a five year deal, is set to be introduced to the crowd just before kick-off.

Source: http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4932970,00.html

Still no number 10...hmmmm

• Like 1

@GuillemBalague: Adama, new Aston Villa player for €10m+ €2 in variables: fast, irregular, too individualistic and has to be more humble. Got my doubts

Never liked the bloke tbh... Always thought Graham Hunter is the better analyzer or whatever you want to call them.. now i dont like him whatsoever... how dare he have a bad thing to say about Adama !!!!!!!!!

Pretty harsh critique considering he's 19. If he was 22-23 you'd have doubts.

I remember another player exactly like that.  I think his name was Ronaldo.  Dunno where the hell he is now.  Probably playing keepy up in the centre of Madrid with a beard and sunglasses.  if only he'd worked harder.

If only he was more humble!

Pleased to see us buy this lad. I have no concerns with the reported buy back clause, sensible business from Barcelona and should he go back, it will be because we have had our moneys worth!

Naturally I don't anticipate we'll see the best of the squad until next season, and on an individual basis too. It's a nice feeling, looking forward to seeing us progress and build what potentially could be an exciting squad for years to come...

Never liked the bloke tbh... Always thought Graham Hunter is the better analyzer or whatever you want to call them.. now i dont like him whatsoever... how dare he have a bad thing to say about Adama !!!!!!!!!

Pretty harsh critique considering he's 19. If he was 22-23 you'd have doubts.

All the best attacking players in the world got a lot of stick for being selfish and arrogant on the pitch when they were at that age. You can teach someone to make better decisions, but you can't teach the raw talent this kid has in abundance. Suarez has a reputation of being a selfish player, but in his last season at Liverpool, he was probably the most unselfish striker I've ever seen, and he set up a lot of goals. Look at Ronaldo at Madrid. He arrived at Man United, a selfish kid who loved doing a ridiculous amount of step overs before ballooning a shot well over the bar. He's developed into the greatest player on the planet, who is another fantastic team player. I'm not comparing Adama to being as good as these two, but he could be, if he works hard enough.

I'm just happy that in the summer when we've sold our arguably best player in the past 20 years, we've signed a player who has the potential to be even better. UTV!!!

If a selfish player can bag 14 assists in one season then I'm not too concerned. 

Good shout.

Yeah but relegated from the second tier?  Sherwood out! :trollface:

I see much murmurings and discussion about this buy-back clause.  To put it into real terms - it's a player Barcelona (bloody Barcelona!) highly rate and it is in their interest to seek to have his talent should he prove to be the player that everyone hopes he his.  I take 2 things from this:

1) He's bloody good

2) He's unlikely to play for another Premiership team assuming he plays well and we've earned ourselves a real coup, much to the annoyance of the "big boys" in our league.

I'm highly excited about this (and for the work Tim has done on building his vision of the team).  The top 6 will take note.  Welcome Amigo!

spot on

• Like 1

Â