Adama Traore

mwj

With this buy back, if they activated it but he didn't want to go back, what happens then? Circumstances I could see that happening in are if they were just getting him back to pad their squad and it was a relatively cheap option, or if he wanted to move to another club instead.

Presumably they can't force him...

Not trying to brag, just want to shed some light on the kid.

Basically I work in football stats and the league I cover is Segunda. Barca B were one of the teams I covered last season in Segunda, and therefore I had to watch all of their games every week. He was their best player last season by an absolute mile.

Honestly, I have never been so happy about a signing for Villa. The kid's ceiling is so so so high, which Barca obviously agree with because of this buy-back clause. He was in my top three favourite players last season to watch, and he creates so many chances. I appreciate this is at a much lower level than the Prem, but his attributes - in my view - are very transferable to the Prem. Of all the talents in the 'B' team (Samper, Halilovic, Munir), he is easily the one most suited to the Premier League.

The key with him is patience. His decision-making needs to improve, he is not technically the best (though if you can put up with Gabby you can put up with Adama), but he will work his arse off and will always have a moment or two per game where he will create something significant. I urge us as Villa fans to give him time to adapt though. If he starts slowly, remember he's a 19-year-old kid coming to a new country, and needs A LOT of time to adapt to life on and off the pitch.

He is an exceptional talent who I am sure given time will become our most valuable asset.

This is great to hear! 

Would you mind giving us some more details about his style? What do we not know about him from the youtube highlight reels? For instance, how does he behave when his team is down and chasing? How much does he track back etc... Thanks!

Ok - just seen the Ts and Cs so its basically a 3 year loan deal with Barca to pay our costs for training him if they want him back within that time. Then it becomes a 2 year contract with Barca having 1st dibs on him after that.

In order for us to make money on this deal he needs to be mediocre for 3 years followed by an improvement to a level that Barca wouldn't be interested in.

:/

Like I've said - I know nothing about him but IMO this is nothing more than a glorified long term loan deal so I'm not going to get all worked about it or fall in love with him.

Tbh, most players are transients now. I wouldn't get attached to any. Just enjoy a good player strutting their stuff while it lasts.

As for the money, meh. If the club thought they were getting shafted I doubt they'd have gone for it.

The kid is going to have to get to an unbelievably high level to move back to Barcelona, they obviously feel he could achieve that because they didn't insert such a clause into the kid who Everton signed. Maybe they have & it's

Not been made public but if they feel Traore could be that good it's only good news for us.

I see this as a positive thing but he's going to have to be unbelievably good to get into the first team at Barcelona.

They did actually. 2 years in Delofeu's case.

Didn't read any articles on the deal so went off headlines but as I said maybe they did & they have. Seems a Smart move for the elite clubs to do.

Gilberto who do you think is better Traore or Johan Mojica?

I have my suspicions that you might be a Colombia fan or in fact Colombian yourself? I don't know why though. Just an inkling.  :detect:

Good question. Valladolid were not my team so I'm probably biased towards Adama. Mojica is better defensively and all-round but Adama is more of a threat going forward. Adama's ceiling is higher though in my opinion

Not trying to brag, just want to shed some light on the kid.

Basically I work in football stats and the league I cover is Segunda. Barca B were one of the teams I covered last season in Segunda, and therefore I had to watch all of their games every week. He was their best player last season by an absolute mile.

Honestly, I have never been so happy about a signing for Villa. The kid's ceiling is so so so high, which Barca obviously agree with because of this buy-back clause. He was in my top three favourite players last season to watch, and he creates so many chances. I appreciate this is at a much lower level than the Prem, but his attributes - in my view - are very transferable to the Prem. Of all the talents in the 'B' team (Samper, Halilovic, Munir), he is easily the one most suited to the Premier League.

The key with him is patience. His decision-making needs to improve, he is not technically the best (though if you can put up with Gabby you can put up with Adama), but he will work his arse off and will always have a moment or two per game where he will create something significant. I urge us as Villa fans to give him time to adapt though. If he starts slowly, remember he's a 19-year-old kid coming to a new country, and needs A LOT of time to adapt to life on and off the pitch.

He is an exceptional talent who I am sure given time will become our most valuable asset.

This is great to hear! 

Would you mind giving us some more details about his style? What do we not know about him from the youtube highlight reels? For instance, how does he behave when his team is down and chasing? How much does he track back etc... Thanks!

To be honest, YouTube is probably your best source for his style. The sort of player that is best summed up by his highlights. He won't be too involved in slowly building attacks, will just be trying to beat his man at every opportunity.

This is his best game IMO. Created so so much:

Edited by gilbertoAVFC

Â