Adama Traore

mwj

I stopped taking the Stoke forum seriously when I read this (from Mailman)

I think Villas transfer activity between now and the end of the month should be interesting. They have been suffering from under investment for years. I can't see how Traore on his own amounts to anything without a few more upgrades around the rest of the team.

I think Villas transfer activity between now and the end of the month should be interesting. They have been suffering from under investment for years. I can't see how Traore on his own amounts to anything without a few more upgrades around the rest of the team.

Ha I noticed that. Some people just don't follow what happens outside of their own team though, and the rest of that forum seems good. Quite refreshing when compared to the Leicester one!

The second part is funnier Pongotastic

I can't see how Traore on his own amounts to anything without a few more upgrades around the rest of the team.

tumblr_n88lpasKof1qgr036o8_r1_250.gif

• Like 2

Ha I noticed that. Some people just don't follow what happens outside of their own team though, and the rest of that forum seems good. Quite refreshing when compared to the Leicester one!

Indeed and even though his response was unqualified at least he wasn't a cock about it.

Leicester need putting back in their box, fast. I can't wait to play them.

• Like 2

FullerMagic has said on The Oatcake site "Villa are quite a fun team all of a sudden."  :) 

This is just it, I remember Fox saying when he first joined the club that the aim was to make us a more exciting and appealing brand. Shortly after that Lambert tried to change our style (which failed miserably), then this summer happens and a whole new footballing philosophy has been created at the club.We have been targeting players with a decent technique and who will excite the fans. Hopefully if the plan comes to fruition we will see an entertaining and succesful football team playing at Villa Park again (i don't mean the opposition before anyone says :D  ) 

Hopefully we are starting to see something similar to when Wenger took over at Arsenal and moved them away from the George Graham boring boring Arsenal, to one of the most exciting teams for neutrals to watch. If we manage to replicate that to a certain degree then Fox will have done a magnificent job.

I agree with all of that....but remember, we have to win ugly sometimes as we did at Dean Court

Yep, even the best teams have to win ugly sometimes.

I've just heard there's a buyback clause.

Anyone know how that works?

theres a set price barcelona can buy him back for during any of the transfer periods during the next 3 years only, also a first option to match any transfer bid that villa accept for him but thats only if villa would sell. the buy back clause doesn't really worry me, 3 years isn't long and he's only 19, surely they wouldn't let him go if he would be significantly better in 3 years. and I'm glad about the second clause, rather he went back to barca than a fellow prem team

• Like 1

A Liverpool fan on the Sky article.

lfc-ynwa says

I thought he was a good player when it looked like we were going to sign him, but on seconds thoughts he's nothing special. I'm glad we didn't buy him - leaves us with an extra 8mil in the pot to put towards getting Reus or Gotze.

You couldn't make it up!

And they wonder why evrybody hates them..

lfc-ynwa says

I thought he was a good player when it looked like we were going to sign him, but on seconds thoughts he's nothing special. I'm glad we didn't buy him - leaves us with an extra 8mil in the pot to put towards getting Reus or Gotze.

You couldn't make it up!

And yet, they do.

lfc-ynwa says

You couldn't make it up!

And they wonder why evrybody hates them..

I hope we keep up our smashing them at Anfield antics again this year. They can suck it.

• Like 1

Delighted with this. I've never heard of him but that's the fun in it I suppose.

I'm not worried about a buy back clause. If he is happy here, playing every week and Barca come back in for him he's not going to led away in handcuffs and shipped back to the Nou Camp.

As I say if he's happy and playing regularly he can turn them down.

Unless Barca promise him a starting spot I think he would stay.

Â