Adama Traore

mwj

You think it's over the top to even suggest it?

I think to say it's 'staggering' to even compare us to Stoke and Swansea like we are a league above them is just a bit.

Ok. I couldn't see that in the quoted chain so I assume that was said earlier.  

Dont really like the idea of a buy-back clause if im honest and would put me off this deal especially as will be close to what we pay for him

Same here. It's a win-win for Barcelona and a lose-lose for us. We pay €15m, if he's good, he goes back to Barcelona for a similar amount (so essentially a loan), if he's crap, we paid €15m for him and get stuck with him.

That's a bit black and white - for Barcelona to use their clause he would have to go on to be one of the greatest players we've ever had at this club. If he falls anywhere short of this this we would likely be left with a top quality player (just not good enough for Barca). He could be better than Young, Downing, Milner etc and still not be good enough for Barcelona to want him back.

• Like 1

Tbf though, it is the worst deal for us.

1) Loan with option to buy

2) Loan and nothing in place for end of season

3) Buy now and sell back if Barca say so

Transfer dead stokes player

Source?

Dont really like the idea of a buy-back clause if im honest and would put me off this deal especially as will be close to what we pay for him

Same here. It's a win-win for Barcelona and a lose-lose for us. We pay €15m, if he's good, he goes back to Barcelona for a similar amount (so essentially a loan), if he's crap, we paid €15m for him and get stuck with him.

That's a bit black and white - for Barcelona to use their clause he would have to go on to be one of the greatest players we've ever had at this club. If he falls anywhere short of this this we would likely be left with a top quality player (just not good enough for Barca). He could be better than Young, Downing, Milner etc and still not be good enough for Barcelona to want him back.

That's exactly my opinion

I was also under the impression that the buy back clause would be higher that what we paid for him

not really. What happens if he has a stormer for Villa and teams like Spurs and Liverpool bidding 30 million but Barca buy him back for 12 million and then sell him to them for 30 milion

Real Madrid did it with Negredo sign him from Almeria and making big profit selling him to Sevilla

not really. What happens if he has a stormer for Villa and teams like Spurs and Liverpool bidding 30 million but Barca buy him back for 12 million and then sell him to them for 30 milion

Real Madrid did it with Negredo sign him from Almeria and making big profit selling him to Sevilla

We'd still only be financially worse off though, he'd still need to perform to a high standard which is the main thing

The buy back clauses are always higher than the initial fee. It doesn't mage any logical sense otherwise, may as well do a loan with a view to permanent.

From Villas point of view yes, but if Barca don't want to then we get what we're given.

We'd still only be financially worse off though, he'd still need to perform to a high standard which is the main thing

true but id rather not have Barcelona getting anything out of it except an initial fee

Get real for a second. What has our history or the ex barca players got to do with anything? this kid will have grown up dreaming of playing alongside Stephen Ireland. close thread.

What an utterly foolish comment !

It's clearly Peter Crouch he has had wet dreams about !!!

Get real for a second. What has our history or the ex barca players got to do with anything? this kid will have grown up dreaming of playing alongside Stephen Ireland. close thread.

It's clearly Peter Crouch's misses he has had wet dreams about !!!

Fixed?

I don't understand why we're buying anyone. Either they'll be shit, or they'll be good and some bigger club will come in and take them, or they'll be ok and stay with us for a bit, possibly until they retire and then we'll all die and the sun will burn out and that'll be that.

• Like 1

It's clearly Peter Crouch's misses he has had wet dreams about !!!

Fixed?

Not sure why Peter Crouch failing to convert goalscoring opportunities would give him wet dreams? 

Edited by StanBalaban

Â