Adama Traore

mwj

I would expect Stoke to do everything they can to get him to sign for them without coming down to see what we offer as a club because they would be aware that he may well choose us despite their Barca connections.

If he does make it to VP & BMH I would guess Tim would take him and his agent up Broad Street, get them on the Sangrias and wave a contract in front of their faces at around 3am. Job done! :)  

• Like 2

I wouldn't blame him for going to Stoke compared to us considering our current situation. I would be intrigued considering the changes that are happening at Villa but Stoke would look safer and their might be a familiar face there or two.

More surprised about the fact that either of us are involved in this one. It's not same ordeal as it has been for the other players they have picked up from there. Would be a shame as I heard a lot of positive things about him and he looks

to be an absolute top prospect. I'm still going to hope that this will pan our way but I had my doubts about this since I first heard about it. Hopefully we get a chance to convince him that this is a better place to go.

Finally, someone I've seen play a few times :)

I think he's class and someone we could certainly do well with. I could see him linking well with Ayew with Gestede as a focal point. Someone like Gil or Grealish thrown in there too and that could be quite a formidable attack.

Edited by 8pints

I'm sure Ayew likes to play on the left of an attacking three if that formation is played. This would open up Traore on the right and Gestede in the middle.. We could be scoring goals for fun next season if this happens...

• Like 1

Medicals with two clubs has happened before. Who was that goalkeeper MON was after who came to us for a medical and talks before going to Sunderland and signing for them?

Craig Gordon. 

What about Willian?  He was at Spurs undergoing a medical when Mourinho called.  Willian said "See ya!", packed it up, and went over to Stamford Bridge.  I loved laughing at all the delusional outraged Spurs fans who were angry at the player for disrespecting their great club by turning them down to play for the best manager in the world, at the moment.

Go on then Ill say it....How the hell have Stoke become a more attractictive proposition than...than anyone really?

It probably comes down to the fact there are a couple of ex Barca players there, plus Hughes' history and contacts with Barca.

I suspect he can also speak Spanish (Hughes) which may be a factor.

The thing in our favour though is that Adama has the same agent as Crespo...so maybe.....just maybe ? 

Â