Adama Traore

mwj

A Stoke supporting mate of mine says he is in Stoke tonight and the expect

him to have a medical tomorrow. Apparentley they have tracked him for ages

Liverpool never interested, thats what he said!

Well its not a long journey to come and have a look at our superior club.

Dont really like the idea of a buy-back clause if im honest and would put me off this deal especially as will be close to what we pay for him

Same here. It's a win-win for Barcelona and a lose-lose for us. We pay €15m, if he's good, he goes back to Barcelona for a similar amount (so essentially a loan), if he's crap, we paid €15m for him and get stuck with him.

That's a bit black and white - for Barcelona to use their clause he would have to go on to be one of the greatest players we've ever had at this club. If he falls anywhere short of this this we would likely be left with a top quality player (just not good enough for Barca). He could be better than Young, Downing, Milner etc and still not be good enough for Barcelona to want him back.

No, his value just has to raise to more than the buy back. If the buy back is €15m (about £11m) then he wouldn't have to be outstanding for Barcelona to probably be interested in buying him back just to sell him on for more money.

Well if he's going to Stoke he's obviously got no ambition and he doesn't have any self belief. Who would you rather play for Tim Sherwood, the most talented young British manager in the league, or Sparky.

well it could also be apparent that your mate could be blinded by just the fact that he follows stoke and he might seem to think that they have the deal in the bag!!

Well if he's going to Stoke he's obviously got no ambition and he doesn't have any self belief. Who would you rather play for Tim Sherwood, the most talented young British manager in the league, or Sparky.

Or they are paying £5k a week more and bunging him £500k signing on fee.

Dont really like the idea of a buy-back clause if im honest and would put me off this deal especially as will be close to what we pay for him

Same here. It's a win-win for Barcelona and a lose-lose for us. We pay €15m, if he's good, he goes back to Barcelona for a similar amount (so essentially a loan), if he's crap, we paid €15m for him and get stuck with him.
That's a bit black and white - for Barcelona to use their clause he would have to go on to be one of the greatest players we've ever had at this club. If he falls anywhere short of this this we would likely be left with a top quality player (just not good enough for Barca). He could be better than Young, Downing, Milner etc and still not be good enough for Barcelona to want him back.

No, his value just has to raise to more than the buy back. If the buy back is €15m (about £11m) then he wouldn't have to be outstanding for Barcelona to probably be interested in buying him back just to sell him on for more money.

If the buy back is the €15m that is. Which typically buy back clauses are not. I don't think.

A team buying back a player to sell him on again? Has that ever happened? Would the player agree to that?

If he's good enough for Barca to try to buy him back, I don't see how that's a lose for us. Even if he is just going back there to be sold on again. We got a player for a season or two who was quite good. That's not a lose. And if the buyback is like that, it is probably as an alternative to him costing us more money in a transfer fee. Another non-lose.

Or they are paying £5k a week more and bunging him £500k signing on fee.

Or, ya know, he decided that was the best move for his career. Hardly surprising with the amount of young Barca players Stoke are signing. When was the last time we finished above them anyway? Yep, we're the bigger club but anyone who can't fathom how Stoke might be a more attractive proposition than ourselves right at this moment in time is being extremely blinkered in their vision IMO. Hope this goes through, but not really expecting it to.

well it could also be apparent that your mate could be blinded by just the fact that he follows stoke and he might seem to think that they have the deal in the bag!!

You might be right but he's quite level headed not one-eyed. There's also the

Barcelona\Stoke link,I think he is probably right

I'm not concerned as I don't feel we need another attacking player, I'd rather we strengthened our defence.

Stoke are a decent side, Hughes has done well with them and our history counts for little when you consider where we have been the last 5 years.

it feels like we are just there to force Stoke to act quickly, maybe even pay more, who knows, but either way I don't think we are in for him.

Love to be proven wrong, but nothing to be bitter about.

Get real for a second. What has our history or the ex barca players got to do with anything? this kid will have grown up dreaming of playing alongside Stephen Ireland. close thread.

Charlie Adam and Jonny Walters or Luis Suarez and Messi. Not even a choice

Get real for a second. What has our history or the ex barca players got to do with anything? this kid will have grown up dreaming of playing alongside Stephen Ireland. close thread.

Charlie Adam and Jonny Walters or Luis Suarez and Messi. Not even a choice

HaHA even crap crosses cant miss Peter Crouch

Alan Nixon reckons Stoke made the early offer and we're now trying to steal in.

@bobchuwah @OllieAvfc123 @orioldomenech Stoke made early move. Villa trying to nick in.

Hmmm.... that @bobchuwah seems like a thoroughly decent bloke.

arrow2.png

Â