Adama Traore

mwj

Why does size always come into it? We're bigger than Swansea, we're not currently a more attractive proposition than them at this moment. Current circumstance is more what any potential signing will deem significant. Getting back to being able to match/surpass the likes of Stoke, Swansea, Southampton is the aim for now.

Hmm. Not sure about this one.

Sport.es were very clear yesterday he was coming to England for a medical at Liverpool.

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/adama-traore-viaja-inglaterra-para-pasar-revision-medica-con-liverpool-4406958

Adama Traoré viaja a Inglaterra para pasar revisión médica con el Liverpool

Adama Traoré puede ser en las próximas horas nuevo jugador del Liverpool

[Translation: Adama Traoré travels to England for medical examination with Liverpool

Adama Traoré may in the next few hours be a new Liverpool player]

Don't think this one will happen, sadly.

The Liverpool Echo are saying today that Plop aren't in for him.

Why does size always come into it? We're bigger than Swansea, we're not currently a more attractive proposition than them at this moment. Current circumstance is more what any potential signing will deem significant. Getting back to being able to match/surpass the likes of Stoke, Swansea, Southampton is the aim for now.

Men always want their sizes to be known especially if one is bigger than another. 

I can't agree at all with the first sentence, there are two groups in the Premier League, those competing to win stuff and those that are not.

Ourselves, the Swansea's the Stoke's etc are in the latter and i really don't think a player will give two hoots that one team finished 13th whilst another finised 16th. In that situation, facilities, city/town, wages and playing prospects will all be far more pressing, and as with the example I gave above re: Torino finishing above Milan I'm sure the history of the club does count for something.

I'll say again, I'm absolutely staggered people are comparing our club to the likes of Stoke and Swansea. 

Edited by av1

I can't agree at all with the first sentence, there are two groups in the Premier League, those competing to win stuff and those that are not.

Ourselves, the Swansea's the Stoke's etc are in the latter and i really don't think a player will give two hoots that one team finished 13th whilst another finised 16th. In that situation, facilities, city/town, wages and playing prospects will all be far more pressing, and as with the example I gave above re: Torino finishing above Milan I'm sure the history of the club does count for something.

I'll say again, I'm absolutely staggered people are comparing our club to the likes of Stoke and Swansea.

With due respect, we really don't do ourselves any favours with posts like this.

We're not currently in the same boat as the aforementioned clubs. We're a club who have spent the last four seasons falling over the line to safety. If last season had been a mere blip, then your Torino/Milan comparison would be valid but that isn't the case.

If the tables were turned and we had achieved back-to-back top-half finishes and Stoke had struggled and finished 17th, we'd all expect (without exception) to be seen as the more attractive destination for a player we're both vying for.

Ultimately, our aim next season will be to simply avoid being in the thick of a relegation battle come the business end whereas those clubs will be looking for another top-half finish and perhaps sneaking a European spot. That's where we are at.

Don't get me wrong, there is no reason why we can't compete with those but until we actually start closing the gap, to suggest players won't factor this into their decision is absurd.

• Like 2

We are definitely interested, that much is certain but nothing else is at this stage.

At least we are trying for these sort of players.

Stoke have certain advantages on us, not least the other ex Barca players and we have some advantages over them.

Would love us to land him but really not sure about articles proclaiming us favourites to get him.

• Like 1

I thought Liverpool had been debunked because they didn't like the buy back clause?

The rumoured fee was €15m so I'm guessing here but a buy back of >€20m

I could live with that, and I'd love it if the scousers thought that was beneath them, can you imagine the kind of performances he'd have to have in order for barca to want him back?

I thought Liverpool had been debunked because they didn't like the buy back clause?

I could live with that, and I'd love it if the scousers thought that was beneath them, can you imagine the kind of performances he'd have to have in order for barca to want him back?

His release clause is €15m but the fee would lower if a buy-back clause is included. ESPN suggested €10m. I'd rather just pay the release-clause if he is as highly rated as made out, although the player himself may not want that if he holds out hope of eventually making it at Barca.

@ isa.

Yes we have been crap for 4 years but what about  the preceding 130 odd years? Do they become irrelevant? 

I know some people have overly ambitious expectations of our club but I really don't think suggesting we are a more attractive club than Stoke puts me in that bracket. 

His release clause is €15m but the fee would lower if a buy-back clause is included. ESPN suggested €10m. I'd rather just pay the release-clause if he is as highly rated as made out, although the player himself may not want that if he holds out hope of eventually making it at Barca.

€10m and a kid who comes here thinking I'm going to tear this league up and get myself a move back to Barcelona

I can live with that

In my head the reality is that they'll only buy him back if he performs to a level that would make him the best player in our team, that kind of level would propel us up the league and only attract interest from the top 4 anyway

@ isa.

Yes we have been crap for 4 years but what about  the preceding 130 odd years? Do they become irrelevant? 

I know some people have overly ambitious expectations of our club but I really don't think suggesting we are a more attractive club than Stoke puts me in that bracket.

I think all that matters is what he and his agent think will happen in the next year and beyond. If his agent has already negotiated with us and knows our plan we may be in a strong position. I'm surprised that bigger clubs aren't in for him, but then I can also see why a buy back clause would put off teams who see Barca as potential opponents in the Champions League long term.

Â