Adama Traore

mwj

Just like Leicester fans other day running Villa down on Foxes Talk.

Stoke fans are doing it now on Oatcake fanzine (Stoke forum):

They've had two seasons of solid top-half finishes to be fair so I can understand why they'd expect to beat us to signings.

Fair point really. But they can't deny our shrewdness this window so shouldn't see it unrealistic either.

Word from villa is that him and his representatives are currently with them.

Jesus Christ stoke it's not Southampton or Seville it's f***** Aston villa

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/245357/adama-traore?page=20

Just like any other forums do and same as Villa fans do to other teams...whats the news really? xd

It's amazing how our standing has diminished with fans from other teams.

I'm not hugely surprised given how terrible we've been for years now.

It would surprises me if we genuinely beat Liverpool to this guy though. If they really want him, I suspect they'll get him.

I can see us beating Stoke to potential targets though. I guess it would depend on the financial package and the 'project' though.

• Like 1

Stoke are very different to Leicester, they've been in the Prem for a good few years now and very rarely involved in a relegation battle.

However, if Traore is looking round the facilities and different Cities, I can't see how the Britannia and Stoke will beat Villa Park and Bham.

Big boys now though ain't they? They don't lose players to lowly little Aston Villa. Your Gueye's and your Amavi's and your Veretout's would never come to a shit hole like Villa Park.

Little old Aston Villa linked to their transfer targets and they get all upset and bitter.

Stoke are very different to Leicester, they've been in the Prem for a good few years now and very rarely involved in a relegation battle.

However, if Traore is looking round the facilities and different Cities, I can't see how the Britannia and Stoke will beat Villa Park and Bham.

Indeed.

Birmingham is a great little city these days too, I think there's a fair bit of stereotyping that still goes on in the UK towards her.

• Like 1

Given that both Stoke and Villa both have virtually zero chance of breaking into the top 4 anytime soon and roughly similar chances of breaking into the top 6 (there's not much between 9th and 17th these days) we are a far more attractive prospect by virtue of things like our ground, training facilities and history.

Just like any other forums do and same as Villa fans do to other teams...whats the news really? xd
It's amazing how our standing has diminished with fans from other teams.

I'm not hugely surprised given how terrible we've been for years now.

It would surprises me if we genuinely beat Liverpool to this guy though. If they really want him, I suspect they'll get him.

I can see us beating Stoke to potential targets though. I guess it would depend on the financial package and the 'project' though.

I totally agree we seem to be looked at as a nothing club by other clubs fans now which I really don't get. Yes we've had a few bad years but were Aston villa for goodness sake not some piss pot outfit who bounced from division to division for years. I like to think a lot of it with the Midlands clubs is envy as we are by far the biggest and greatest club in the area
  • Like 1

Last year Genoa and Torino both finished above AC Milan who have been crap for years but I doubt many would choose Torino over Milan. 

I'm astonished that people think Stoke are a more attractive proposition than ourselves.

I think it's pretty obvious that Stoke are better than us currently. However we are a bit of an unknown entity and as Mantis says there is not much difference between the teams in 9th to 17th. What Stoke have for them is that they have signed a fair few Barca players and are willing to give them a chance. Yes Traore may not have played with most of them but they still have the same football upbringing and toots and that could factor into his decision. On the other hand we've got the Charmer.

Given that both Stoke and Villa both have virtually zero chance of breaking into the top 4 anytime soon and roughly similar chances of breaking into the top 6 (there's not much between 9th and 17th these days) we are a far more attractive prospect by virtue of things like our ground, training facilities and history.

That is more or less how I see it. It is a thin line between those places from 8th downwards. We have had some terrible years recently, but that has been on the back of some terrible management from the top down combined with mass austerity and bad injury problems. We do appear to have done something about the management, and it looks like the austerity is coming to an end, so time will tell as to whether that has a positive impact on the team. I would have thought that Stoke have hit their ceiling now, and would be surprised to see them getting much higher up than they managed last season. I would not be surprised to see the two teams much closer together in the table next season.

Therefore, it comes down to who can offer the best package to the player, and can satisfy the players requirements. I don't know much about Stokes training facilities or ground, but ours is a famous ground and our facilities are pretty impressive. We do not know what the player is looking for in his move, so it could go either way in my opinion.

• Like 2

Hmm. Not sure about this one.

Sport.es were very clear yesterday he was coming to England for a medical at Liverpool.

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/adama-traore-viaja-inglaterra-para-pasar-revision-medica-con-liverpool-4406958

Adama Traoré viaja a Inglaterra para pasar revisión médica con el Liverpool

Adama Traoré puede ser en las próximas horas nuevo jugador del Liverpool

[Translation: Adama Traoré travels to England for medical examination with Liverpool

Adama Traoré may in the next few hours be a new Liverpool player]

Don't think this one will happen, sadly.

Sport.es were very clear yesterday he was coming to England for a medical at Liverpool.

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/adama-traore-viaja-inglaterra-para-pasar-revision-medica-con-liverpool-4406958

[Translation: Adama Traoré travels to England for medical examination with Liverpool

Thats yesterdays news though. Things have changed

Thats yesterdays news though. Things have changed

Or today's link to ourselves and Stoke are simply a means hurrying Plop along.

Apparently his agent is the same agent as Crespo?

Are we allowed to have two players from the same agent???

Unless he is Januzaj's agent we are fine i think.

Â