Adama Traore

mwj

What I don't get is if he is that good why don't they just loan him out instead of selling him?

Agree. Chelski would send him out on season long loan. Maybe that's what this is

Agree but what is "that good" to us is average to them. Remember, players they look at for each position are probably in the top 3 players for that position in the world. He maybe be exceptional and have the potential to be world class but it still may not be enough for them, I mean even Barcelona let Yaya Toure leave them in 2010 and look how good he was then and the effect he had. He couldnt even get a regular midfield role at that time because Busquets was playing in his position so they allowed him to move to Man City.

Hleb, Song arguably even Mascherano and Fabregas were world beaters in Premier League and couldnt get a sniff in their natural positions at Barcelona

Exactly, Barca have sold a lot better players then Adama and not been hurt

Positives : I genuinely don't think I've seen a player with such explosive pace and acceleration across the ground and he appears to have skills and power to match. He looks very direct and wants to burst forward at every opportunity.

Negatives: reports suggest he often suffers from Nzogbia syndrome. Tending to lack awareness and end product.

I know very little about him but if the latter is true then we could be in for a frustrating time if Traore, Ayew and Gabby ever play together.

Only 19 though. What a player he could turn out to be.

The negatives could have been said about Ronaldo at 19. He was all stepovers, running into dead-ends with little end product. Few remember now, but United fans used to sing 'you've signed the wrong Ronaldo' at some games.

But he certainly developed into a magnificent player.

Not saying Adama is in the same league, but your positives show there is a lot of potential there and in someone who is only 19. Same with Ronaldo.

Adama hasn't played at the top level to learn and develop - I suspect this opportunity that Ronaldo received at United was very important for his development.

I think he can be the kind of player who gets the ball on the wing and makes fans get to their feet - Tony Daley was a good example of that.

What I don't get is if he is that good why don't they just loan him out instead of selling him?

It's a release clause in his contract I believe, so out of their hands.

If there is a release clause, does that mean there would not be a buy back clause.

It's a release clause in his contract I believe, so out of their hands.

If there is a release clause, does that mean there would not be a buy back clause.

I wouldn't have thought the one necessarily excludes the other, it all depends on what is written into his contract I guess.

Would he offer more than Nzogbia???

My Nan offers more than N'Zogbia....

... and she is no longer living.

Would he offer more than Nzogbia???

Obligatory "My (insert elderly female relative) would offer more than Nzogbia" post.

lol. Good timing!

All this talk of clauses confuses the hell out of me and reminds me of the "Contract" sketch in the old Marx Brothers film "A Night at the Opera" which ends as follows;

Groucho Marx: Well, I don't know, you must have been out on a tail last night. But anyhow, we're all set now, are we? Now just you put your name right down there, then the deal is legal.

Chico Marx: I forgot to tell you, I can't write.

Groucho Marx: Well that's all right, there's no ink in the pen anyhow. But listen, it's a contract isn't it? We've got a contract, no matter how small it is.

Chico Marx: Oh sure. You bet. Hey wait, wait. What does this say here, this thing here?

Groucho Marx: Oh that? Oh that's the usual clause, that's in every contract. That just says, it says, 'If any of the parties participating in this contract are shown not to be in their right mind, the entire agreement is automatically nullified.'

Chico Marx: Well, I don't know.

Groucho Marx: It's all right, that's in every contract. That's what they call a sanity clause.

Chico Marx: You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

If we sign Traore and Praet I will definitely believe in Santa Claus!

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1

We need to make sure we are getting the right one...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adama_Traor%C3%A9

Adama Traoré may refer to:

Trust us to end up signing the Minister of Health. :(
hey if we have a Minister of Health, then maybe Joe Cole could actually make a game!
  • Like 1

Not sure if many would agree, but I'd love to sign Townsend to play on the other wing with Grealish as the no.10.

Line up like this:

------------------gestede------------------

Townsend-----grealish----------Traore

-----------Veretout---Gueye-------------

You'd have two box to box midfielders with great engines in there, grealish pulling the strings and two very direct wingers running at players.

Adama Traore followed by Andros Townsend would be like having sex followed by a swift kick in the family jewels.

Ah. I see you have misspelt your name.

Surely it should be sex bellow sound.

I would certainly be bellowing after a kick to my soft and danglies.

• Like 1

Adama Traore followed by Andros Townsend would be like having sex followed by a swift kick in the family jewels.

Ah. I see you have misspelt your name.

Surely it should be sex bellow sound.

I would certainly be bellowing after a kick to my soft and danglies.

That's far too smart for this time of the morning!

A buy back clause is really a bit irrelevant to me. If he's good enough to play for Barcelona, he will leave anyway-In fact, we can't even keep players from joining Liverpool.

The only thing that would vex me is, after spending 3 years working with and developing him into a player of that standard, we would not make a profit on him.

Of more concern to me is that only a 3 year contract has been suggested. Our other signings are all coming here on 5 year deals.

Of the videos, I would suggest that, whilst the opposition were generally poor, it doesn't matter how good the defender is, if he can't get near the attacker. I would envisage many times throughout a game when that pace and power would drive on into dangerous positions. The end product looked to me like it would have to improve. Many of the final balls weren't the best and given the video is a compilation, there would have also been many poor deliveries throughout the season. After one great run, he gets to the touchline, looks up and there is a player unmarked on or around the penalty spot-When he sends the ball in, it goes straight to the keeper.

There is nothing more exciting than seeing players take on and beat defenders and I really hope we do sign him. I would however point out that there are flaws to his game and YT videos never give a true indication (I was sold on CNZ after watching his YT video)

like any other transfer the club has ever made, ill believe it when hes holding up a villa shirt at bodymoor heath infront of the national press, however, to be linked with a barcelona player, just wow! were now actually buying players that will have a resale value, so even if they decided to do a 'delph', we would make a profit.

one thing though, if its true that barcelona (cant believe im typing that!) want a buy back clause, that would mean that he would become a world beater whilst with villa (thats never happened before) so the clause would have to be use, ie, at least 4 times the amount

Edited by AndyBM
  • Like 1

Forgive me if this has already been discussed but isn't it mandatory for all players to have a release clause in Spain?

If so, and we have met it, I don't think Barcelona are in a position to be negotiating any buy back clause. The only way I see that happening is if we are buying him without meeting his clause in which case negotiations will have to take place.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 2

We need to make sure we are getting the right one...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adama_Traor%C3%A9

Adama Traoré may refer to:

Trust us to end up signing the Minister of Health. :(
hey if we have a Minister of Health, then maybe Joe Cole could actually make a game!

The Minister of Health would also be an improvement on CNZ

• Like 1

Â