Adama Traore

mwj

A buyback clause for less than we are paying for him? In an up and coming young player? Have they asked my bollox?

Sarcasm meter is required here ;)

The real question that needs answering is whether we can get this guy AND loan Januzaj at the same time.

Sooo true, and how it affects the net spend negatively or positively based on how many chairs there are at the press conference.

not bothered about buy back, its barcelona ffs he has to be unbelieveably good for them to want him back

Its not a case of being good enough for Barca though. If they insert a clause that they can buy him back for say £10m, if he has a great season, commanding a value of £20m, they buy him back for £10m and sell him for £20m. Its win win for them.

Don't understand all the fuss, if they do insert a buy back (still not confirmed yet) it's prudent business by them, good on them really.

No sense in getting worked up about it, a) they are the selling club so have power over us, and B) they are one of the biggest clubs in the world so have even more power in the negotiations.  

End of the day we'd be getting an extremely talented kid with huge potential who improves our team massively, and in reality he'd have to perform exceptionally well to even pop up on Barca's radar in the future as I think they'd only think of buying him back if he could hold his own in the first team...  If he turned out to be that good, sure we'd lose out $$$ selling him, but we'd gain an awful lot in terms of improved league position, rebuilding our status as a top club etc..  

Frankly I'd just be stoked to have such a talent actual sign for us.  I imagine it's more likely that he ends up being a very good player, but by that time a new batch of wonder kids has emerged that Barca are more interested in anyways...

I said it when we were first linked.  Think about how good he'd have to be over the next few years for Barcelona to actually sign him back.  He would have to become one of the best attacking players in world football. If he plays to that level in a villa shirt I won't be hurt about Barcelona buying him back.

• Like 4

not bothered about buy back, its barcelona ffs he has to be unbelieveably good for them to want him back

Its not a case of being good enough for Barca though. If they insert a clause that they can buy him back for say £10m, if he has a great season, commanding a value of £20m, they buy him back for £10m and sell him for £20m. Its win win for them.

Is Arry Redknapp working at Barca now :)

I really doubt they'd go to that much trouble to buy back then immediately re-market a player just because there is an arbitrage in the contract buy back fee and market rate.  Lot of work, and it would an utterly classless move that wouldn't earn them any praise within the game....

I said it when we were first linked.  Think about how good he'd have to be over the next few years for Barcelona to actually sign him back.  He would have to become one of the best attacking players in world football. If he plays to that level in a villa shirt I won't be hurt about Barcelona buying him back.

Not necessarily. It might just be the case that Barcelona can buy him back for 8 million and then immediately sell him for, say, 12 million. Barcelona buying him back doesn't imply Barcelona planning on playing him. That said, it would still mean that his value increased which in turn would mean that he had a positive impact for us.  

Not necessarily. It might just be the case that Barcelona can buy him back for 8 million and then immediately sell him for, say, 12 million. Barcelona buying him back doesn't imply Barcelona planning on playing him. That said, it would still mean that his value increased which in turn would mean that he had a positive impact for us.

Couldn't happen in the same season as far as I'm aware, I believe there is a rule preventing it.

• Like 1

The player has a say in this though surely? If he knows that BArca are just going to sell him on to the highest bidder he might just tell them to stick it up their bollocks. Benteke *could* have stayed if he wanted even though the release clause fee was met. Surely a buy back is just a way of guarenteeing you get to talk turkey with the player like a release clause.

Regardless, if we get this lad I may actually need new pants.

Besides a player can't play for 3 clubs in one season so they would have to own him for at least a year before shifting him on again, and probably pay him up to £5m in a years wage just to make a quick profit.. not likely. 

If this clause is put in place he will only go back if they want him for themselves. So I think we will be safe unless he turns into a world class player. Which is fine by me as we would have a world class player for a while. Win/Win

*I see Trent just beat me to my point.

Edited by Junxs

Â