Adama Traore

mwj

Positives : I genuinely don't think I've seen a player with such explosive pace and acceleration across the ground and he appears to have skills and power to match. He looks very direct and wants to burst forward at every opportunity.

Negatives: reports suggest he often suffers from Nzogbia syndrome. Tending to lack awareness and end product.

I know very little about him but if the latter is true then we could be in for a frustrating time if Traore, Ayew and Gabby ever play together.

Only 19 though. What a player he could turn out to be.

N'Zogbia Syndrome may not be a huge issue if he breezes Premier League defenders the way he does in Spain. If he headless chickens his way to a decent cutback 20-30 times a season we'll be scoring bags of goals. N'Zogbia Syndrome is only bad if you are N'Zogbia who can't for the most part beat a defender, if this guy can in our tough league and that is the big question then we'll be alright with Traore doing it. 

Judging by, ahem, YouTube he'll need some time working with decent defenders before he's ready?

Yeah for sure. Didn't have the best season last season by all accounts, but it does appear almost none of the Barca B players did as they finished rock bottom. From that ESPN piece the opinion seems to be he has the raw tools there to be a great player but his decision making, end product, consistency etc need improvement but at only 19 this is to be expected.

• Like 1

I wasn't aware of the number of assists, can't remember where I'd read he wasn't too good last season but it was clearly too much of a generalisation based on the poor performance of the team as a whole as 14 assists is clearly very impressive.

What I don't get is if he is that good why don't they just loan him out instead of selling him?

It's a release clause in his contract I believe, so out of their hands.

In that case how the hell are we gonna pull this one off?(

This is going to be one hell of a season!

What I don't get is if he is that good why don't they just loan him out instead of selling him?

It's a release clause in his contract I believe, so out of their hands.
In that case how the hell are we gonna pull this one off?(

This is going to be one hell of a season!

By paying the release clause (maybe more) that's how otherwise it's a no go! Edited by nazvfc
  • Like 1

Agree. Chelski would send him out on season long loan. Maybe that's what this is

Agree but what is "that good" to us is average to them.  Remember, players they look at for each position are probably in the top 3 players for that position in the world.  He maybe be exceptional and have the potential to be world class but it still may not be enough for them, I mean even Barcelona let Yaya Toure leave them in 2010 and look how good he was then and the effect he had.  He couldnt even get a regular midfield role at that time because Busquets was playing in his position so they allowed him to move to Man City.

• Like 1

Agree. Chelski would send him out on season long loan. Maybe that's what this is

Agree but what is "that good" to us is average to them.  Remember, players they look at for each position are probably in the top 3 players for that position in the world.  He maybe be exceptional and have the potential to be world class but it still may not be enough for them, I mean even Barcelona let Yaya Toure leave them in 2010 and look how good he was then and the effect he had.  He couldnt even get a regular midfield role at that time because Busquets was playing in his position so they allowed him to move to Man City.

Hleb, Song arguably even Mascherano and Fabregas were world beaters in Premier League and couldnt get a sniff in their natural positions at Barcelona

Â