Adama Traore

mwj

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He played for us against Rotherham so he won't be able to play any other club so it's of course nonsense

Could they buy him and loan him back till the summer?

I highly doubt it, just theoretical.

4 hours ago, KHV said:

£0

You may be surprised...

Clicky

Aston Villa owner Dr Tony Xia seems to have hinted that the sale of Adama Traore could benefit the club financially in the long run.

The winger joined Middlesbrough earlier, but Xia has since tweeted to suggest to fans that Adama's undoubted ability might serve Villa well in the long run.

They can loan him out for a few years with some nice fees until some mid tier Spanish/Italian/desperate English club pays them stupid money for him.

He's not a player to Chelsea. He's a profit opportunity.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

They can loan him out for a few years with some nice fees until some mid tier Spanish/Italian/desperate English club pays them stupid money for him.

He's not a player to Chelsea. He's a profit opportunity.

I think if it's true this is only reason. Has done exactly what he did at villa- nothing

1) I don't believe this transfer will actually happen

2) he'll never kick a ball for them, he'll be loaned out in an attempt to sell for profit later

3) there'll be a meltdown on here with people claiming they knew he was brilliant all along, he's not, he's done nothing at Boro 

4) sky's website saying "lightening" smh 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Chelsea? But...  Why? The guy has a terrible terrible attitude and has done that grand total of sod all in 2 years in English football.  

Pretty obvious really...clubs/scouts will look much more in depth than that. He's a talent with enormous potential.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Pretty obvious really...clubs/scouts will look much more in depth than that. He's a talent with enormous potential.

Yeah but... what do they see in him other than pace?

If Barecelona can't teach him to pass a ball and make the right decisions, no one will. His failings aren't a fault of the people who have been coaching him, it's how he plays and how he wants to play. That will never change. 

He's a poor mans Shaun Wright Phillips. 

• Like 1

He's what 20? But I wonder if it's actually too late for him to become a top class player. His physical gifts are indeed out of this world, amazing pace, strength and balance that leaves most defenders at any level for dead when he gets going, his control of the football at speed is also very good. But he appears so utterly brainless that I've rarely seen a player with such lack of knowledge about 'how to play football'. 

It appears that he simply ignored football 101 as he developed and it will take a hell of a lot of coaching to correct that. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's what 20? But I wonder if it's actually too late for him to become a top class player. His physical gifts are indeed out of this world, amazing pace, strength and balance that leaves most defenders at any level for dead when he gets going, his control of the football at speed is also very good. But he appears so utterly brainless that I've rarely seen a player with such lack of knowledge about 'how to play football'. 

It appears that he simply ignored football 101 as he developed and it will take a hell of a lot of coaching to correct that. 

They've got Conte so I don't think that there is any issue on that front. I feel that it's more down to how he would adapt and improve. I have no idea if he can do that or not. Based on the evidence so far, probably not but he's very young and has time on his side. Maybe after two years of Conte screaming in his face he would be world class. Who knows?

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

What has he got apart from pace? 

15 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I don't believe anything Sherwood have to say. The same applies for Wilkins.

I don't think it would be a surprise. There is no way Sherwood would have known who Adama was, same with a lot of the overseas players. 

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't think it would be a surprise. There is no way Sherwood would have known who Adama was, same with a lot of the overseas players. 

If that is the case then it just shows how bad Sherwood and Wilkins was for us. 

7 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

If that is the case then it just shows how bad Sherwood and Wilkins was for us. 

Agree but also how bad Fox and Reilly were as well.

A dark time at the club

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Wilkins just confirmed what we all knew. Sherwood didn't want anything to do with him and it was forced through by the powers that be at the top. 

he wanted Townsend and Lennon I believe

9 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

I don't see how he fits into their system. A wingback he is most definitely not. 

He is big strong direct lad, maybe Chelsea see him as a striker in Costa mould

• Like 1

Â