Adama Traore

mwj

There was an interview with Karanka the other day that said he switches wings at half time as he only lets him play on the wing next to the dugout so he can shout instructions at him constantly as he isn't ready/capable of being left to work out what to do/where to be on his own.

Aitor Karanka has revealed that he cannot trust Adama Traore to play alone - and so he swaps wings at half-time to keep him in front of the dugout.

The Middlesbrough boss prefers to have the talented wideman within earshot throughout the game and says he isn't yet ready to be left to his own devices.

But Karanka said: 'Yes, it's true, I swap sides to keep him close.

'I hope that one day he can play alone. At the moment he needs guidance, but he needs less than he needed one month ago.

'He's learning, he's intelligent - sometimes he tries to fool me - but he's intelligent and he will be a really good player.

'Sometimes he transmits to me he doesn't understand where he needs to be on the pitch when we don't have the ball, but I know he knows.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4189944/Karanka-reveals-Traore-swaps-wings-stay-earshot.html

13 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

There was an interview with Karanka the other day that said he switches wings at half time as he only lets him play on the wing next to the dugout so he can shout instructions at him constantly as he isn't ready/capable of being left to work out what to do/where to be on his own.

Aitor Karanka has revealed that he cannot trust Adama Traore to play alone - and so he swaps wings at half-time to keep him in front of the dugout.

The Middlesbrough boss prefers to have the talented wideman within earshot throughout the game and says he isn't yet ready to be left to his own devices.

But Karanka said: 'Yes, it's true, I swap sides to keep him close.

'I hope that one day he can play alone. At the moment he needs guidance, but he needs less than he needed one month ago.

'He's learning, he's intelligent - sometimes he tries to fool me - but he's intelligent and he will be a really good player.

'Sometimes he transmits to me he doesn't understand where he needs to be on the pitch when we don't have the ball, but I know he knows.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4189944/Karanka-reveals-Traore-swaps-wings-stay-earshot.html

Thank god we got rid of him if karanka has to result to this

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

sometimes he tries to fool me

Aitor, he fooled you into thinking he was a footballer! 

AMIRITE?!

ecGuMO1.gif

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

I've been critical of Adama, but just to be clear here, I:

a] don't believe Karanka anyway,

b] think that if it is actually true, it shows how absolutely clueless he is, and

c] note that it's him hanging out yet another player to dry in public. The man must be the biggest jerk in English football, and that is some stiff, stiff competition. 

• Like 2

Actually in the West Brom game he was getting some decent crosses in across the 6 yard box but the clueless Boro forwards and midfielders weren't reading it.

Middlesbrough must be the most boring prem team since our Lambert days, De Roon and Viktor Fischer are dreadful players.

I'm convinced there's a player in Adama, time will tell I guess.

On 2/7/2017 at 19:44, a m ole said:

The last sentence is telling.

Does want to defend, doing nothing in attack.

All our managers were right not to play him, despite how shit we were.

The fact that the players in front of him did absolutely nothing, whilst he was at least capable of making things happen going forward, suggests otherwise. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, a m ole said:

Sprinting towards the corner flag and smashing the ball in the general direction of the box isn't creating a chance at this level.

It's more exciting than watching fat gabby jog for 90 minutes and gestede stand still.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

It's more exciting than watching fat gabby jog for 90 minutes and gestede stand still.

didn't say anything to the contrary! He's just a massively ineffective player and the most obvious case of athlete not a footballer I've ever seen.

3 hours ago, a m ole said:

Sprinting towards the corner flag and smashing the ball in the general direction of the box isn't creating a chance at this level.

Created goals away to Palace and Sunderland, scored in the league cup and caused havoc against sides like Arsenal in small cameo appearances. He's hardly great but did more than most of the useless sacks of shit that season so should have been given more game time as far as I'm concerned. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

We're a bad example for just about everything but if you've got a bloke who swans around ignoring every instruction you give him because he's trapped in his own little world where he just wants to run with the ball by himself then that's potentially  shockingly bad for the team, we obviously don't know the ins and outs of training but if every day our manager is trying to tell him to do something and it's being ignored and then he's still being picked on a Saturday and ignoring everything again but once every 7 games he gets an assist...are you going to pick him over a bloke who's a bit shit but does what you ask?

the answer is option 2, if traore was a world beater it might be different but he's not even close, he's clueless

• Like 1

9 hours ago, a m ole said:

Antonio Valencia seems to be good at it.

Surely in that position if a forward can get a ball flashing through the 6 yard box that's all that's reasonably expected of it.

Really only Negredo of the Boro players has the capability to make those runs given his record....Gestede and Bamford....nah.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

We're a bad example for just about everything but if you've got a bloke who swans around ignoring every instruction you give him because he's trapped in his own little world where he just wants to run with the ball by himself

sure we dropped Richards a long time ago ;)

On 2/8/2017 at 23:15, VillaChris said:

Actually in the West Brom game he was getting some decent crosses in across the 6 yard box but the clueless Boro forwards and midfielders weren't reading it.

Middlesbrough must be the most boring prem team since our Lambert days, De Roon and Viktor Fischer are dreadful players.

I'm convinced there's a player in Adama, time will tell I guess.

Spurs fan at work said last week was embarrassing that they packed their box and defended for 90 minutes

not like they dont have good attackign players but Karanka is a clown

19 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Created goals away to Palace and Sunderland, scored in the league cup and caused havoc against sides like Arsenal in small cameo appearances. He's hardly great but did more than most of the useless sacks of shit that season so should have been given more game time as far as I'm concerned. 

Whilst I wouldn't have been against him playing, you've overstated his "achievements somewhat".

He scored in the league cup vs Notts County. The same game Joe Bennet scored...

He caused havoc against Arsenal and Watford for one attack, when the opposition didn't know who he was. Watford especially, as soon as they realised the pace he had they stuck a player on him and he did nothing for the rest of the game.

I had high hopes for him, and I think we should have played him more. But I don't think he'd have created an awful lot for us if he did.

• Like 1

Â