Adama Traore

mwj

Flop, thankfully we got the better deal out of it with Boro. He will get a move away to some lame Spanish team. 

But are his wages? They were ridiculous here so Boro must be paying him something similar otherwise I'm sure he would still be here. Wonder if boro were smart enough to put elevation reduction clauses in their signings contracts like we did?

39 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Can we now put to bed the argument that it was some kind of dereliction of duty on Remi Garde's behalf to play other people instead?

'Dereliction of duty' is a bit extreme. But I still don't buy the argument for not playing Traore a lot more. This was a team that was both utterly useless in front of goal and dog shit at the back. Traore would have at least given us more of a boost going forward relative to the shite playing ahead of him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

'Dereliction of duty' is a bit extreme. But I still don't buy the argument for not playing Traore a lot more. This was a team that was both utterly useless in front of goal and dog shit at the back. Traore would have at least given us more of a boost going forward relative to the shite playing ahead of him. 

Yep. 

He might have been shit. But it was amazing he wasn't given opportunities to find out. 

We lost all the time and never scored. Yet we were worried about his lack of help in defence. 

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yep. 

He might have been shit. But it was amazing he wasn't given opportunities to find out. 

We lost all the time and never scored. Yet we were worried about his lack of help in defence. 

At least it's nice to know he's **** useless going forwards too now B)

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

At least it's nice to know he's **** useless going forwards too now B)

He really hasn't looked great. Has his moments and can cause problems but does too many things wrong in the games I've seen him in. 

Wouldn't surprise me if a bigger team fancy taking a chance on him. His pace is just ridiculous. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

He really hasn't looked great. Has his moments and can cause problems but does too many things wrong in the games I've seen him in. 

Wouldn't surprise me if a bigger team fancy taking a chance on him. His pace is just ridiculous. 

There were rumours that Usain Bolt was going to turn out for Man Utd, so you never know.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it's much more an indictment of Traore than it is of Garde that he couldn't get in the team last season.

He's shit.

Our squad was shit. They were all shit. 

Yet we continued playing the same shit, trying to scrape a draw, when only winning was going to start saving us. 

Adama may have been absolutely garbage and made no difference. In fact i now know he wouldn't have. But the fact it wasn't even tried is on Garde. Not just Adama, that useless coward wouldn't try anything to win a game. 

Edited by DCJonah

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yet we continued playing the same shit, trying to scrape a draw, when only winning was going to start saving us. 

Adama may have been absolutely garbage and made no difference. In fact i now know he wouldn't have. But the fact it wasn't even tried is on Garde. Not just Adama, that useless coward wouldn't try anything to win a game. 

The manager does see players in training and generally has a much, much better understanding of how they'd fit into the team and what they can produce.  Traore has since proven he can produce... next to nothing.

I don't really see what Garde did wrong here.  In fact, he probably was right to not play Traore, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

And it was tried. It didn't work.

Well that's not true. He never started a premier league game for us. He made 10 sub appearances. 

That's hardly giving something a try. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, a m ole said:

If no strikers are in the box, can a cross be described as decent?

was 3 players in the box who didnt move and just stared at it :lol:

one was Rudy ;)

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Adama > Sinclair

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Yep. 

To be honest it looks like they were also worried about his ability to score and ability to create a goal scoring opportunity for anyone else.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I almost gave this a like, till the useless coward remark which I found a bit unnecessary. 

Agree totally on Adama. Though I guess they see more in training than we ever will in a 90. At least he would have offered some excitement, before we slowly realised he was utterly useless. 

Even that assist for Gil. Watch it back, the ball into the box is awful.

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Well that's not true. He never started a premier league game for us. He made 10 sub appearances. 

That's hardly giving something a try. 

And if he'd done anything of note in those appearances he might have got a start.

Â