Adama Traore

mwj

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Stoke will have him and sadly I can see us letting him go.

based on what? doubt he has a release clause and he is nowhere near level of Shaqiri or Arnautovic

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

based on what? doubt he has a release clause and he is nowhere near level of Shaqiri or Arnautovic

Stoke were desperate for him last summer....Mark Hughes obviously saw the potential.

They have a nice Barca contigent there now so imagine he would have no issues settling in the group. Probably let people like Ireland and Crouch go, Arrnautovic only has 1 year left on his deal so if he has a good euros they'll be interest in him I'm sure which is why he's probably holding off re-signing.

Think there's space in their 18 for him. Remember this is a club that's taken Ireland and Given off us in recent times when we all thought they'd be little interest in them.

Could easily see him ghosting past Charlie Daniels today, on pace alone. Could also see another scenario where Daniels gets a lot of joy down the left because when we don't have the ball, Traore won't want to know.

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Could easily see him ghosting past Charlie Daniels today, on pace alone. Could also see another scenario where Daniels gets a lot of joy down the left because when we don't have the ball, Traore won't want to know.

but that is midfielder job then to cover him

With our points total and goal difference we should be picking attacking players on what they offer going forward. A joke that this guy hasn't had a proper opportunity in a team this bad. From the press conference yesterday it seems doubtful that black will start him 

This player proves the point that there is more than one aspect to being a pro footballer.

His blistering pace makes Gabby look like a snail....but hey we all know, that alone is not enough.

This player is an epitome of where we have found ourselves as a football club.

I can't wait for the return to nomality.....hopefully by people who know what they are doing.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

This player proves the point that there is more than one aspect to being a pro footballer.

His blistering pace makes Gabby look like a snail....but hey we all know, that alone is not enough.

This player is an epitome of where we have found ourselves as a football club.

I can't wait for the return to nomality.....hopefully by people who know what they are doing.

Just as an aside, it's 'the epitome', not 'an epitome' and the way you've worded it doesn't really work. You could say 'Adama is the epitome of a one-trick pony and that he is in the squad is emblematic of where we have found ourselves as a club.'

I disagree with all of that sentiment, by the way.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

With our points total and goal difference we should be picking attacking players on what they offer going forward. A joke that this guy hasn't had a proper opportunity in a team this bad. From the press conference yesterday it seems doubtful that black will start him 

Yes, but it isn't a joke, he broke his foot as Garde was bringing him into the side. Maybe he should have seen more under Sherwood, but he made just as many poor attacking decisions as mind blowingly brilliant ones back then. I do want him to play for the rest of the season now, though.

Edited by a m ole

23 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Just as an aside, it's 'the epitome', not 'an epitome' and the way you've worded it doesn't really work. You could say 'Adama is the epitome of a one-trick pony and that he is in the squad is emblematic of where we have found ourselves as a club.'

Yes, but it isn't a joke, he broke his foot as Garde was bringing him into the side. Maybe he should have seen more under Sherwood, but he made just as many poor attacking decisions as mind blowingly brilliant ones back then. I do want him to play for the rest of the season now, though.

He was available for a few games and never started before he broke his foot. Gardes negative approach was seen in his reluctance to give Adama a chance. 

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Firstly, I disagree " an " can be used ....... but is this desperate or what?

secondly ,I would be worried if you did agree.....I would have to proof read it.

ps In Future shall I e-mail you and you can re-write it all for me?;)

Edited by TRO

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

Firstly, I disagree " an " can be used ....... but is this desperate or what?

secondly ,I would be worried if you did agree.....I would have to proof read it.

ps In Future shall I e-mail you and you can re-write it all?

Please do

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You lot are all of a sudden pretending as if he was not injured for a large portion of the season. lol

No one has forgot it. But he's never started a game. He hasn't been injured every single one. 

• Like 2

I just don't think he's that good. We all want him to be, because we're desperate for some sort of light in the darkness. But he couldn't even craft a goal against 9 men of West Brom's U21 team the other day. That really is pretty damning. 

Before anybody starts, yes of course I'd like to keep him. But he seems massively over-rated on here. 

• Like 2

I just don't think he's that good. We all want him to be, because we're desperate for some sort of light in the darkness. But he couldn't even craft a goal against 9 men of West Brom's U21 team the other day. That really is pretty damning. 

Before anybody starts, yes of course I'd like to keep him. But he seems massively over-rated on here. 

Are you surprised? He's the only player who looks exciting on the ball.

Â