Adama Traore

mwj

He's gone from the B team of the biggest team in the world...

They had a shocking season and finished rock bottom of the segunda last year, traore will have finished bottom and been relegated two years on the trot

But his lack of tracking back is fine because he does step-overs and scored a goal against Crystal Palace!!!!!11111

;)

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

?

It was a joke mate.

However it's always Adama can't do this, he won't do this. However sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture and see a player who if nurtured and handled correctly can be a regular match winner for this club, particularly if he stays for next season. Solano years back never tracked back but he was a good player for the short time he was here.

We have one of the worst premier league teams in memory playing for us so with his qualities he's worth a start or two before end of the season I think.

not seeing this 'get us promoted single handedly' player, yet.

A little thing for me yesterday being in the Holte End....at 0-2 the ball ran out for a Gk to Bournemouth and he raced to get the ball for Boruc to take the kick quickly. Even though the situation was hopeless, he still believed so gives indication of his mentality he learnt at Barca. Most of the others at that point couldn't wait to get off the pitch.

You have to play him, he shows enthusiasm and also he's one of the few the crowd won't boo, not sure next week but needs to start Southampton, Watford and Newcastle games.

• Like 1

I still rate him personally i just think the managers he's had to play under couldn't see how to use him to his full potential. I was at the cup game against Notts Co and they had to take him out as they just could not deal with him. Was lovely to see his dribbling skills and he was clearly a class above anyone else on the pitch. Yes he has things to learn what young player doesn't? I remember a certain Ronaldo couldn't get a game under Fergie as he was naive in certain ways but Fergie kept giving him bits & bobs of game time and look at him now!... What do our managers do? Not play him!! Poor management for me all day long!

29 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I still rate him personally i just think the managers he's had to play under couldn't see how to use him to his full potential. I was at the cup game against Notts Co and they had to take him out as they just could not deal with him. Was lovely to see his dribbling skills and he was clearly a class above anyone else on the pitch. Yes he has things to learn what young player doesn't? I remember a certain Ronaldo couldn't get a game under Fergie as he was naive in certain ways but Fergie kept giving him bits & bobs of game time and look at him now!... What do our managers do? Not play him!! Poor management for me all day long!

I'd say a combination of poor management and injuries have been the problem. Though the Ronaldo comparison isn't too fair, Ronaldo was astonishing with the ball from the minute he signed, Traore just looks dangerous with it.

He needs a run in the team to work out whether he's ready to learn game by game or whether he needs to keep learning on the bench. Injuries didn't help with that but neither did any of our managers.

I feel certain under a more experienced manager we'd have seen a lot more of him, I still think for a kid he showed some mature moments that could've been built on.

I thought he looked lively, carried a threat, he and Grealish linked up well. 

I don't know how anyone can have seen enough of him at this level to know either way for sure. I'm equally astonished that there are people who "don't rate him" or don't think he deserves a proper chance. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

But his lack of tracking back is fine because he does step-overs and scored a goal against Crystal Palace!!!!!11111

;)

Obviously a gross oversimplification, but of course the strategy to not play him, instead opting for the likes of Scott Sinclair, paid absolute dividends didn't it ;)

• Like 2

I think he should be given a chance in the starting line up. 

However, part of me doesn't want him to play simply because I don't want to run the risk of him actually turning out to be bloody good  and subsequently getting poached before he's been able to have any real impact for us in games that will matter.

50 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Obviously a gross oversimplification, but of course the strategy to not play him, instead opting for the likes of Scott Sinclair, paid absolute dividends didn't it ;)

Yeah, look at us thriving with wingers who track back. What's our impressive goal difference again?

2 hours ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

Though the Ronaldo comparison isn't too fair, Ronaldo was astonishing with the ball from the minute he signed, Traore just looks dangerous with it.

If true, I wonder why the United fans used to sing 'you've signed the wrong Ronaldo'?

When he arrived he was more famous for doing the Riverdance stepovers than anything else. He developed into the superb player he is when he was at United.

Yeah, look at us thriving with wingers who track back. What's our impressive goal difference again?

You'd forget all about this season's goal difference if we got relegated from the Championship whilst seeing him do a few step-overs, wouldn't you?

An oversimplification in response to Dr Pangloss's, to say what I've said all along. Just because we've done bad this year, doesn't mean we couldn't have done worse at times.

23 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

You'd forget all about this season's goal difference if we got relegated from the Championship whilst seeing him do a few step-overs, wouldn't you?

An oversimplification in response to Dr Pangloss's, to say what I've said all along. Just because we've done bad this year, doesn't mean we couldn't have done worse at times.

but the point is he is a better option than crap we have had to endure and he was rarely given a chance when fit, dont think he has started a league game yet

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

It was a joke mate.

However it's always Adama can't do this, he won't do this. However sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture and see a player who if nurtured and handled correctly can be a regular match winner for this club, particularly if he stays for next season. Solano years back never tracked back but he was a good player for the short time he was here.

We have one of the worst premier league teams in memory playing for us so with his qualities he's worth a start or two before end of the season I think.

Yeah, I see the joke, my question mark - probably a bit too oblique! - was in reference to Scott Sinclair as a comparison. I'm hardly a fan, I was threatening to make a voodoo doll of him yesterday! For the record, of course I would rather see Adama than Sinclair, 100 times out of 100. 

12 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Yeah I was there too, and I freely admit he was excellent that day and really fun to watch. The problem is Notts Co are 18th in League Two. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look, if all this debate was about was 'who do you prefer to watch, Sinclair/Bacuna or Adama' I'd be agreeing with everybody else. But people are saying he's going to tear up the Championship next season, and I just don't see any evidence for it. He's a good young prospect, nothing more nothing less IMO. If Khazri and Townsend stay at their clubs for next season, they'll tear up the Championship. But Adama? I just don't think so.*

* To avoid further misunderstandings, once again my belief that he's over-rated on here should not be taken to mean a] that I want him sold, b] that he shouldn't start the next match if Eric Black thinks he's ready and would help the team, c] that I don't like him personally or d] that my comments in any way signify a fondness for Scott **** Sinclair. 

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Er..what? 

You're afraid of doing worst? I'd rather take the chance to do better than worry about how it could be worse than bottom of the league and one of the worst teams in league history.

How has our worrying about being worse helped us out? Call me crazy, but maybe bring positive could have created positive results. 

No, you're right, let's get excited about Sinclair tracking back. It's been key to our success this year. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Who have got worse and worse. 

Well, they haven't, but that's not the point.

Regardless, it makes you wonder doesn't it? Three managers now won't start him. Why?

I'd love to see more of him, but if he's so good, why won't anybody start him?

• Like 1

Three of the four "managers" we've had this season aren't actually football managers. He was injured for most of Garde's reign? 

Eric Black, for example, continues to pick Joleon Lescott as captain. Neither does he seem to want to start Grealish. It's all a bit mad and I'm not sure that's a poor reflection on Adama. 

• Like 1

Â