Adama Traore

mwj

Not a chance he'll be here next season

Done enough to make someone want to buy him? IMO he hasn't

If we say we want £8m for him who's paying that? He's so raw and needs so much game time I can't see someone taking the risk, can see some clubs scouting him a lot next season, letting us give him the game time and do the hard coaching and thinking they'll buy him the year after but I do t think he's done enough

10 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Should have been used a lot more. Bottom of the league, can't score for shit and some were worried about him as a defender. Terribly under used by Garde when we had must win games.

but Sinclair wasnt the better option? :P

If we say we want £8m for him who's paying that? He's so raw and needs so much game time I can't see someone taking the risk, can see some clubs scouting him a lot next season, letting us give him the game time and do the hard coaching and thinking they'll buy him the year after but I do t think he's done enough

Kind of like driving a new car off the lot and seeing it depreciate instantly. Once he became a Villa player as opposed to a hot prospect from Barca his value dropped and he needed to put in some pretty impressive performances in order for us just to be able to recoup what we spent for him. Unfortunately, we won't get back what we spent if we sell him because he hasn't done enough to make others see him as a collector's edition rather than a nearly new car with low miles.

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The club wont want to pay his high wages, although I think he could get us promoted alone in championship. He will tear it apart down there for sure, but cant see the money men at Villa wanting to pay him those wages.

I would say keep him until janauary see how he does, if still hasnt done much id then consider selling him

The club wont want to pay his high wages, although I think he could get us promoted alone in championship. He will tear it apart down there for sure, but cant see the money men at Villa wanting to pay him those wages.

I would say keep him until janauary see how he does, if still hasnt done much id then consider selling him

Yep they won't look at the bigger picture or the benefits of keeping. Everything will be about instant savings. Going to be a very frustrating summer I think.

guys on a contract, and unless there's a clause saying otherwise we can keep him if we want to.

Parachute payments should look after wages, I wanna get this guy proving himself in first team football.

10 minutes ago, a m ole said:

guys on a contract, and unless there's a clause saying otherwise we can keep him if we want to.

Parachute payments should look after wages, I wanna get this guy proving himself in first team football.

We need to cut wages. We can't pretend that parachute payments will cover wages, they won't.

However, there are PLENTY of wages in the VIlla team that can be cut first, before we have to let Adama go.

Baker and Richardson probably earn what Adama does when you add them together. I know getting rid of players isn't as easy as just showing them the door, but I really think if there's any ounce of sense on the new football board (and I'm not guaranteeing there is), they'll cut elsewhere to make sure we keep Adama.

• Like 1

Â