Adama Traore

mwj

Obviously the fear is Adama is probably an easy wage to cut, as you'd think there would be plenty interested if we were willing to sell him at a low-ish price. And a big hit.

Easy for the club to immediately say they've shaved 3-4million off the wage bill without even trying.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

We need to cut wages. We can't pretend that parachute payments will cover wages, they won't.

However, there are PLENTY of wages in the VIlla team that can be cut first, before we have to let Adama go.

Baker and Richardson probably earn what Adama does when you add them together. I know getting rid of players isn't as easy as just showing them the door, but I really think if there's any ounce of sense on the new football board (and I'm not guaranteeing there is), they'll cut elsewhere to make sure we keep Adama.

nzogbia coming off the books should be enough for Adama contract including this "alleged" payrise he will get

for some reason I dont buy that clause in the contract

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

nzogbia coming off the books should be enough for Adama contract including this "alleged" payrise he will get

for some reason I dont buy that clause in the contract

That's enough to cover Adama's wages if we're standing still. But we're not, we need to cut. So you can't just look at it like for like in that way.

Well, you CAN if you realise the potential gain from keeping him for a season, but as said before I'm sure we've all got no confidence that the Club will do that!

I doubt that clause either. I think a lot of what's been said about Adama's contract is nonsense.

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm certain he'll be sold. He costs a fortune and has barely played. That's what people will look at. 

true but thing is and hopefully no team is convinced to buy him as they have not seen enough of him, the guy is raw and sort of made of glass but he looks like he would walk through teams in Championship if gets chance

On 4/3/2016 at 05:41, Zatman said:

true but thing is and hopefully no team is convinced to buy him as they have not seen enough of him, the guy is raw and sort of made of glass but he looks like he would walk through teams in Championship if gets chance

I genuinely think this guy could be the difference between promotion and relegation.

I'd like to think we'll be challenging for promotion anyway. But with this guy I'm sure we would.

I know Notts County are below the Championship, but I can't emphasise enough how hilarious it was watching Adama play against them earlier in the season.

Edit: well, until they kicked him so hard he got injured.

Edited by Stevo985

If we can keep him he'll offer something very few or any other player has in the Championship.

Still very raw and a bit selfish, but I really hope we can keep him.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

If we keep him I believe he'll  be the best player in the Championship next season, he'll ruin that league. 

I agree.

And like I keep saying, I just hope above all hopes that someone at our club actually watches football, and realises this too.

Because even if it's all about the money, we'll make a lot more money from him if he's spent the season being the best player in the Championship than we will if we just cut him loose to get his wages off the books.

I genuinely think I'd sell everyone else before I got rid of Adama.

• Like 2

With a free license he could single handedly get us promoted. That is how much pace, power and ability I think he has.

I would go as far as to say he could ruin that league like no other player has in history.

He couldn't single handedly help us to beat a 9-man baggies U21 side last night, so I'm not confident he'll single handedly get us promoted.

As good as he may or could be, he still needs decent players around him.

I also disagree with your point about his ability. Pace, yes. Power, yes. But I believe his ability is lacking at times, not to mention his decision making.

I hope he stays here, so we can see how good he really is.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If we keep him I believe he'll  be the best player in the Championship next season, he'll ruin that league. 

This is complete arrogance tbh (as are the other comments saying he'll "tear apart the Championship").

Traore is pure potential and hasn't even shown that he's got anything other than running in his locker at the moment.  Plenty of fast players are in the Championship.

I foresee him being double marked out of games and not looking for the easy pass more than easily tearing it up.

Â