Adama Traore

mwj

Rigid Remi will probably still not play him.

CRIMINAL under use of him before he broke his foot.

Lets not play a player that can score and get assists. Great stuff.

At least Remi is just as certain to go as Adama to be gone come summer.

Edited by supernova26

Oh yes-Lets all hail the saving grace, the old "tracking back

Albrighton has put more crosses in this season than any other player-I'd wager that his "tracking back" is amongst the worst.

I see no debate on Gil regarding tracking back yet he is (or at least was until recently), the darling of VT.

Since the Lambert 4-3-3 days, everyone has become obsessed with tracking back.

Give me 15/20 minutes of Traore as opposed to 90 minutes of Gabby or Sinclair any day of the week.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2016 at 20:40, Butterfingers said:

Oh yes-Lets all hail the saving grace, the old "tracking back

Albrighton has put more crosses in this season than any other player-I'd wager that his "tracking back" is amongst the worst.

I see no debate on Gil regarding tracking back yet he is (or at least was until recently), the darling of VT.

Since the Lambert 4-3-3 days, everyone has become obsessed with tracking back.

Give me 15/20 minutes of Traore as opposed to 90 minutes of Gabby or Sinclair any day of the week.

have Sinclair or Gabby ever actually tracked back ;)

I can't believe people genuinely didn't want him on the pitch because of his lack of defensive qualities.

Our own defenders can't defend, who gives a shit if our attacking winger can. 

Terribly under used by Garde when fit. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I can't believe people genuinely didn't want him on the pitch because of his lack of defensive qualities.

Our own defenders can't defend, who gives a shit if our attacking winger can. 

Terribly under used by Garde when fit. 

100%, made no sense at all, the only one capable of doing something positive going forward, that alone outweighs the cost of his lack of defensive skills. The proof is in the pudding, without him we have done absolutely shite, now I'm not saying he'd have dragged us out of this mess but we wouldn't have done any worse with him in the team and would have been at least slightly better going forward. 

ur own defenders can't defend, who gives a shit if our attacking winger can. 

A massively flawed statement and logic, ignoring the fact that we have had spells when our defenders did defend and we kept clean sheets.

The people and comments being referred to were made with sound reasoning. Just because you disagree, and we're now as good as gone, don't mean that we'd have survived had Adama played quadruple the amount of games. It's often forgotten that he's very raw. Very hit and miss.

It's a shame he's probably going to leave this summer, but I'm more gutted that we'll miss the player he can become, as opposed to the player that he currently is.

I don't think he would have made the difference to save us but I still don't get the concerns. We were desperate to win games and needed to score goals. That should have been our concern, not if our attacking winger will make us solid at the back. 

To me, it is not about his defensive capabilities, which are virtually non-existent, it is that he has no real end product. He just does not have a football brain to go with his pace and trickery. He has been in the junior ranks of one of the best teams in the world, but appears not to have learned how to make best use of his talent.

The one player in the squad that can cause a bit of excitement and hope that we might actually cause a problem to the opposition.

He could cause some real damage next year. If played right, in the right position. If the board have any intention of trying to get back up next year they should be keeping him and doing their best to flog the likes of Agbonlahor instead.

21 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

To me, it is not about his defensive capabilities, which are virtually non-existent, it is that he has no real end product. He just does not have a football brain to go with his pace and trickery. He has been in the junior ranks of one of the best teams in the world, but appears not to have learned how to make best use of his talent.

In his very limited time I think he's shown more than most of our players. His first game he caused the problems that led to an equaliser. He was brilliant in the cup game after. He created the only goal against Sunderland and in most other appearances does what he's meant to do, which is beat the fullback and get a cross in. 

He's miles away from the finished product but I'd have him in there over all attacking players bar Ayew.

• Like 1

Â