Adama Traore

mwj

When Villa last won a major trophy, this lad hadn't yet been alive for a whole year :(

He is 6 :o

image-2-for-aston-villa-v-juventus-galle

Anyone else feel like we peaked too soon?

Looking at this picture makes me cry a little inside for all you young 'uns out there who can't remember as far back as the 90's even.

So not "no chance"?

Why bother arguing over the semantics?

Because semantics, as in what people mean by the things they say, are the foundation of debate. What else is this site for if not debate?

Debating the issue would be more questioning "why do you think there's no chance of us getting him?" - not some sort of point scoring over the usage of "no chance" rather than "I find it very unlikely".

welcome banners 

ugly members of staff sent home

dont let a football near tonev

thats a start, but we need a lot more

You can't say that, he's our club captain!

So not "no chance"?

Because semantics, as in what people mean by the things they say, are the foundation of debate. What else is this site for if not debate?
The internet's finest .gifs
  • Like 1

So not "no chance"?

Debating the issue would be more questioning "why do you think there's no chance of us getting him?" - not some sort of point scoring over the usage of "no chance" rather than "I find it very unlikely".

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/97318/is-the-phrase-its-just-a-matter-of-semantics-meaningless

• Like 1

As a teacher, I love a good debate.

Likewise. I'm sure you understood what I was getting at.

Aside - I do realise that some people are very sensitive to being asked direct questions and I am trying much harder these days to be aware of those who might be so.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Aside - I do realise that some people are very sensitive to being asked direct questions and I am trying much harder these days to be aware of those who might be so.

I hate asking for directions

Meh, hope that doesn't change the way you reply...I like reading your direct responses.  I can see why some might get uptight about it, but they're frank...honest and welcome IMO.  Strike me as not suffering fools lightly responses.

I do realise that some people are very sensitive to being asked direct questions 

Thats true....but equally in your defence, the sensitive recipient has to take equal responsibilty for their sensitivity and try to not over react....until it is clear there is an attack, which is quite different.

I am deemed to be sensitive but I think it can an asset too.....However I also have to work at not over reacting and I see it as my responsibility to give folk the benefit of the doubt.

I have no doubt in my mind.....everyone who writes on here wants the best for AVFC even though we express our feelings quite differently.

I hate asking for directions

......saves a lot of ink  :)

with direct people....at least you know where you stand.

Just needs to visit BMH for his facial, that'll swing him towards us, I believe! Just need to get him there first.

daily-songz.gifTim's facial brings all the boys to the yard

• Like 1

He might sign for them before he gets to us.

In the cloughie days.....once you met him, you couldn't get away without signing, if he wanted the player.

• Like 1

In the cloughie days.....once you met him, you couldn't get away without signing, if he wanted the player.

wasn't that the keep talking while you hand over brown envelopes stuffed full of cash method?

Unless you were Dean Saunders.

Â