Adama Traore

mwj

given his current natural affinity to cross low or provide a cutback type cross... perhaps the traditional target man like Gestede is not what we actually need. Maybe players like Ayew, Sinclair, etc. will thrive with this type of winger? Perhaps that is why another AM like Ljajic has been linked?

just tossing out ideas.

To be fair, Gestede is not just a six-foot pole with a head on top, he also has feet and has scored using them before.

You are correct! He is taller than 6 feet. Hehe

And, I'm sure if Gestede is playing, Traore is capable of dinking the ball into the area rather than passing it low.

He is a professional footballer after all. Crossing it low is his choice. It's not like he's desperately trying to get loads of height on it but he can't do it.

• Like 2

Surely putting the ball in low is just being sensible because of the speed he is often travelling at. It's a lot harder to hit in a pin point cross at that speed, playing the percentages a bad low cross is going to cause more problems than a bad one put in the air.

We do however need to make sure we've got players busting a gut to be getting to that near post and of course it's no good just doing low crosses but it seems like the right thing to do for me.

• Like 2

He's been at La Masia since he was 8, they are the most ideological academy in the world, even more so than AJAX, and at Barcelona you only play on the ground.

Of course he can whip in a cross, but to get the best out of him and use his strengths I rather our forwards adapted to running towards the near post, because for the foreseeable future his first instinct will be to cross it on the ground.

• Like 2

The thing with Traore will be, he will beat most left backs with his pace and power however he will frustrate at times, his final delivery isn't that great and sometimes he doesn't release the ball at the right time.

I agree.

But on the other hand he's played about 90 minutes for us so far. So there's a very good chance once he settles in he'll start making those decisions correctly more often.

No doubt he will and think that's why he has moved here. Shame he might miss tomorrow think he would have had a field day against Sunderland.

I'm sure, I saw a few examples of him setting up headed goals when I watched his highlight videos on youtube before he signed. I think we'll be looking more towards Amavi and Bacuna for whipped in crosses anyway.

Hasnt trained since Notts County. Sherwood giving him every chance to be available for tomorrow.

YEah, read it and thought I have no clue any further forward if he will play or not...50/50 right?

I hope he does, be my first chance to see him in the flesh...and my boy.

I think even if he has 10-15 minutes in him, at the end of a game I think the devastation will just be magnified. He was destroying county's left side in the first half, but when he went off I thought, I can't even imagine how they could consider coping with him if he was brought on at half time!

I can honestly say I have never seen anything like Adama before. I am going to enjoy watching him even if it is for a few seasons. Hats off to Sherwood! It has come out today he turned down Bayern!

Birmingham Mail: Adama Traore has revealed he rejected to Bayern Munich to join Villa. But the teenage wonderboy also admits that he intends to return to Barcelona eventually. Adama has taken next to no time to become a popular figure with the claret and blue faithful. He created Villa's goal with a rapid burst after coming on for a debut cameo in last weekend's Premier League defeat at Crystal Palace. And the 19-year-old opened his Villa scoring account during his first start and home bow against Notts County at Villa Park in midweek.

I think Sherwood will be our Robin Hood Saturday...  stealing Adama from the rich (Barca) and feeding him to the poor (Sunderland) on Saturday.  I don't think Adama will start- but I'm expecting him to get on at the 60min mark and terroize the sloth-like back 4 of Sunderland.

• Like 1

Â