Adama Traore

mwj

He nearly made Sunderland according to Sherwood so would imagine it's cleared up with the two week rest.

I'd personally start him on Sunday. I think it's vital we get him and Grealish in the same team linking up as we should create plenty of chances that way to win some games.

• Like 1

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4991960,00.html

Tim Sherwood says Idrissa Gana is a doubt for Sunday's clash with Leicester - with the boss also sweating on the fitness of Jack Grealish and Adama Traore.

Gana picked up a hamstring injury on international duty with Senegal and will be assessed in the next 72 hours ahead of the Foxes clash.

Sherwood revealed that Grealish is ahead of Adama in his fitness battle as the pair recover from hamstring and ankle issues.

But the boss is hopeful that both could play a part at the weekend.

He said: "Jack and Adama are making progress.

"Jack is closer than Adama. We're not sure if they are going to be fit at this minute. We are monitoring them day by day. We are treating the injuries.

"Adama got kicked on the calf and injured his ankle at the same time. The kick on the calf has improved, that's no problem, it's just that the ankle is still a bit of a problem.

"We will give them every opportunity to be ready for the next game.

"Idrissa picked up a hamstring injury on international duty. We're hoping he can get himself fit but it looks doubtful."

Gabby Agbonlahor has also recovered from his bout of sickness.

To me that reads as Gana out, Grealish in and Traore on the bench.

• Like 1

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4991960,00.html

Tim Sherwood says Idrissa Gana is a doubt for Sunday's clash with Leicester - with the boss also sweating on the fitness of Jack Grealish and Adama Traore.

Gana picked up a hamstring injury on international duty with Senegal and will be assessed in the next 72 hours ahead of the Foxes clash.

Sherwood revealed that Grealish is ahead of Adama in his fitness battle as the pair recover from hamstring and ankle issues.

But the boss is hopeful that both could play a part at the weekend.

He said: "Jack and Adama are making progress.

"Jack is closer than Adama. We're not sure if they are going to be fit at this minute. We are monitoring them day by day. We are treating the injuries.

"Adama got kicked on the calf and injured his ankle at the same time. The kick on the calf has improved, that's no problem, it's just that the ankle is still a bit of a problem.

"We will give them every opportunity to be ready for the next game.

"Idrissa picked up a hamstring injury on international duty. We're hoping he can get himself fit but it looks doubtful."

Gabby Agbonlahor has also recovered from his bout of sickness.

To me that reads as Gana out, Grealish in and Traore on the bench.

To me that says forward line against Leicester will be Gabby, Sinclair and Ayew or Gestede

Edited by KHV

On top of that, it seems they're often our best players too.*

* This may, or may not, be true.

I think it's mostly true.

In recent years - Delph, Vlaar, Benteke -  probably at least at one point our best three players in a terrible squad, and the three players always likely to have the long term injuries.

Sometimes under Lambert I was convinced our best eleven when all fit could compete with most mid to lower level teams, yet we'd go against a team that we could probably beat and at least three key players would fall over each others legs in the warm up session and our wafer thin squad would fall apart. God forbid when we tried to rotate players to play in the league or FA Cup, like watching the local women's pub team put on your teams colours.

You look at Leicester who have pace and counter attacking threat, the perfect team for Traore and Grealish to star against with Gana our most important midfielder all likely to be missing unless Sherwood is using kidology, but he usually seems to be overly optimistic than pessimistic about player chances.

Edited by VillanousOne

Exactly. It just happens, there's not much point moaning about it (unless we think the physio staff are specifically underperforming in some way, but how the hell would we know). We've also been on the beneficial side of these things. Hull lost Robert Snodgrass all season last year - they'd have gathered a few more points with him in the team. 

Exactly. It just happens, there's not much point moaning about it (unless we think the physio staff are specifically underperforming in some way, but how the hell would we know). We've also been on the beneficial side of these things. Hull lost Robert Snodgrass all season last year - they'd have gathered a few more points with him in the team. 

I still believe we'd have stayed out of trouble in 13/14 if Okore hadn't got that season-long injury.

Â