Adama Traore

mwj

I get the feeling Tim and whoever else is involved with the transfers is selling us as a club that can be used as a stepping stone for bigger things for players.

And I'm ok with that.

I get the feeling Tim and whoever else is involved with the transfers is selling us as a club that can be used as a stepping stone for bigger things for players.

And I'm ok with that.

How gracious of you :)

We're all selling clubs these days. It's ridiculous, it will lead to ruin and anyone involved in football who isn't working to fix this can kiss my arse.

I could never imagine that Sherwood would mention to players that if they do well here they can get a move to a 'bigger club'. Some players might have that in mind when signing but I'd hope the club would never use it as a way of selling Aston Villa.

I could never imagine that Sherwood would mention to players that if they do well here they can get a move to a 'bigger club'. Some players might have that in mind when signing but I'd hope the club would never use it as a way of selling Aston Villa.

Why not?

If that motivates players like Adama to sign for us who otherwise wouldn't have then what's the harm?

As long as we benefit from those signings then it's a good thing.

If those players perform well enough for us to attract the top clubs then we'll have benefited on the pitch and made money on them. If that's reinvested properly then we'll eventually get back up to being a club where players want to play much longer term.

We'd all love amazing players to want to play for Villa forever. But that's not reality.

It doesn't really need Sherwood or the club to tell players that if they do well, then they'll get a move to a 'bigger club'. They'll already be aware of that fact. I'd like the club to be selling the idea to players that if they do well they can achieve their ambitions here. I think that would make us a more attractive proposition when talking to players.

It doesn't really need Sherwood or the club to tell players that if they do well, then they'll get a move to a 'bigger club'. They'll already be aware of that fact. I'd like the club to be selling the idea to players that if they do well they can achieve their ambitions here. I think that would make us a more attractive proposition when talking to players.

I think you're looking through claret tinted glasses.

Good players will be aspiring to play in the champions league, win league titles and cups.

Unfortunately, they're not going to do that here. At least not for a while. They know that. They're not stupid.

If the club are selling themselves to players as a long term future, then that player will probably thinkg "it's a good club, but I'm probably not going to achieve what I want here"

Whereas if the club sells themselves as a place where the player can play for a few years, establish himself as a good premier league player and then, if they want, move to a bigger club to achieve bigger things then the player would be much more likely to come, imo.

As long as we reinvest sensibly we should be able to better ourselves so that we eventually become one of those better clubs.

Everyone is a selling club. If that approach ensured we got better players than before coming here then it's a good one.

That's the reality of football these days.

If we sell ourselves as a long term future for players, then really good ones won't come here. it's as simple as that.

• Like 1

They're not stupid so they don't need us telling them that we're not going to win the league. And they don't need us telling them that if they do well then can get a move elsewhere and I don't think that's something that we do when trying to sign players, I actually think it would put some players off. They might know we won't be up there challenging but they'd at least want us to show some ambition.

I'm sure it's not that overt, but they can see what Benteke and Snake have done this summer.  Gana said he wanted to be in the Prem shop window to go on to bigger things, Adama now also that he wants to prove himself and get back to Barca.  

The huge wealth of the Prem and the fact that it's the most watched league makes it an obvious destination for ambitious players, and assuming they're not ready for the top 4, the 'mid table' clubs are where they'll end up.  Stoke, Baggies, Palace, us, Newcastle etc have all signed players of a calibre that is a lot higher than they have been able to in the past.  

Dispassionately - it should make for a very exciting season to watch.

• Like 1

And I'm ok with that.

Sad state of affairs though, hey?

I'm in agreement with you, but only because I'm fully aware that football is broken from top to bottom.

Remember he's been at Barcelona since he was eight. Of course he'd have a romantic notion of returning there. Would be a bit like if we got relegated and had to sell Jack he'd be saying he'd love to return to Villa one day.

• Like 1

And I'm ok with that.

I'm in agreement with you, but only because I'm fully aware that football is broken from top to bottom.

It is in terms of football being broken.

But that's the reality of the situation. Unless we have super rich owners and can get round FFP, then the only way to have any hope is slowly get better and better.

Southampton have had a go at it recently and have done well.

But we have to generate our own revenue. And selling players on for big fees is the only way we'll really make that revenue significantly.

• Like 1

And I'm ok with that.

I only see 1 club as not being a selling club at that is Real Madrid.

This is what Lambert wanted to do but he didn't have the budget.

Buy them young and highly rated, develop them and then sell them on. The hope is these players move us up the table and eventually make is challengers in our own right.

In my opinion, it's the only way to go. The only way we will ever be anything other than boring mid table bores.

Good luck to you Adama and I admire your ambition.

This is what Lambert wanted to do but he didn't have the budget.

Buy them young and highly rated, develop them and then sell them on. The hope is these players move us up the table and eventually make is challengers in our own right.

In my opinion, it's the only way to go. The only way we will ever be anything other than boring mid table bores.

Good luck to you Adama and I admire your ambition.

Lambert couldn't Develop a "Polaroid" picture.

Â