Dimitar Berbatov

abdomlahor

Is the general consensus that it will be one of Berbatov or Adebayor rather than both?

I think if given the option I'd prefer Adebayor.

100% I'd rather have Adebayor 

Ade, definitely. Not that I don't think Berbatov is a useful player to have around - just Adebayor would fit into the team better IMO.

Apparently as good as ever for Monaco last season.

Was more of a sub a lot of the time tbh, not sure his overall starts/subs ratio but whenever I watched them he seemed to be coming on as a sub.

That's one of my random irritations lately ironically, this Monaco are some sort of hipster team to watch on account of a fluke 45 minutes v Arsenal, they are incredibly dull if you watch them ever week in Ligue un. 

Edited by VillaChris

Joe Cole feeding a Berbatov/Adebayor strike partnership for Villa makes me really want to play Pro Evo 2008

Agbonlahor playing wide off them with his pace and Richards powering down the right flank

If was 2008/09 we be on course for the title :P

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

On SSN this morning they said they had heard that Berbatov was in Birmingham and asked if he was about to join the Villa.

I guess the feeling all along was that he was the other option should the Adebayor deal fall through. Not very inspiring if true. You would have to ask how he could possibly keep up with our attackers with his obvious lack of pace.

May be nothing more in it than SSN trying to garner some interest from Villa fans today. Let's see.

On SSN this morning they said they had heard that Berbatov was in Birmingham and asked if he was about to join the Villa.

I guess the feeling all along was that he was the other option should the Adebayor deal fall through. Not very inspiring if true. You would have to ask how he could possibly keep up with our attackers with his obvious lack of pace.

May be nothing more in it than SSN trying to garner some interest from Villa fans today. Let's see.

Well Gabby has the pace to keep up but he cant finish. Berbatov would bring experience but i agree its just to drum up interest with fans on deadline day.

He's 35 this year so I'm skeptical as to whether he has the legs and sharpness of yesteryear. I guess it can't hurt to sign him, hopefully he can have a similar impact to Chris Sutton, who gave us a boost before his injury.

Agreed. Also a faaaaaar better player than Sutton, on every level aside from workrate.

I liked Sutton too.