Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

How so many people couldn't see any ability in him last season truly bewilders me.

....and so many of those people were managers who watched him train every day .......Scouts from other clubs have hardly been hammering the door down.

He's not the first ill fated signing, and he won't be the last. But for me there was next to nothing there.

5 hours ago, BOF said:

Watch him boss Ligue 1 now.  It's for the best that he's gone though.  As much as I think he has plenty of ability, if he didn't fancy the Championship then he's no good to us.  Whether we have a need for him next season remains to be seen.  But I can't imagine him wanting to come back if he does have a good season over there.  At best he'll increase our asking price.  I think in reality this is a proper au revoir.

I hope it is only `au revoir'.  :)

50 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Offered nothing in open play and wasn't up with the pace of the game. Got a few assists from set pieces but offered nothing else. His career will only stay in France from now on.

He offered more than any of our other midfielders in open play. I still remember that great pass he made to Gabby that sent gabby through. Veretout has great vision. Too bad he was constantly play at either left mid, or deep. He is an attacking mid and never got to play there. 

15 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

He offered more than any of our other midfielders in open play. I still remember that great pass he made to Gabby that sent gabby through. Veretout has great vision. Too bad he was constantly play at either left mid, or deep. He is an attacking mid and never got to play there. 

I quite liked him, thought he was ok in an awful crowd.

But this says it all really ....if we can remember a particular pass it means there were way, way, too few of them.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I quite liked him, thought he was ok in an awful crowd.

But this says it all really ....if we can remember a particular pass it means there were way, way, too few of them.

Not necessarily. I remember Benteke's goal against West Brom when he muscled off a defender then hammered a shot past Foster from outside the 18. Benteke still scored loads more. 

I just specifically remembering Veretout's pass because I said to myself this is why he should be playing further up the pitch. 

All the best, looks like a good move for all parties. Thought he looked like a good passer but was too slow, too weak (wont mention anything about height :-)) and didn't really catch up with the tempo in the premier league. That he managed the most assists probably says more about last years team than about him.

Failed by the club, got no help to settle what so ever. Didn't do himself any favors when he did play.

Better for everyone concerned that he get's a fresh start in France.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

Â