Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

One hell of an expensive utility forward to be fair. Weimann could have done that job for a lot less. I think Ayew was signed to be a potential starting striker. 

He could have - but I'd argue that we've seen Wiemann do that role already, and not very well.

Ayew may turn out to be a starting striker, which is ok with me so long as he starts before Gabby.

• Like 1

One hell of an expensive utility forward to be fair. Weimann could have done that job for a lot less. I think Ayew was signed to be a potential starting striker. 

Utility forward as in we don't actually know what his best position is yet. Not as in someone who is in and out of the team.

I'd expect to see him fill numerous positions this season rather than just up front whilst Sherwood figures that out.

Utility forward as in we don't actually know what his best position is yet. Not as in someone who is in and out of the team.

I'd expect to see him fill numerous positions this season rather than just up front whilst Sherwood figures that out.

Definitely agree. It seems that Ayew is not used to the pace of the league so putting him in different spots is going to help. Like he will definitely find more time on the ball if he plays wing. 

He could have - but I'd argue that we've seen Wiemann do that role already, and not very well.

Ayew may turn out to be a starting striker, which is ok with me so long as he starts before Gabby.

Who really knows at this stage, but we do know almost beyond any doubt that Weimann is shit.  

Based off the little I've seen he doesn't look that comfortable leading the line. Against United he put up a very poor display when up front, but when he was moved deeper in the second half he appeared to be more confident and willing to get involve.

The fact of that matter is that we desperately need someone to perform up front leading the line, we don't need a second or 'supporting' striker. So let's hope he will start performing as a number 9, else we are going to struggle. 

Guys

Jordan is better than his brother  ... even his father and   brother   claim he's the better player.  He explains below why things have been rough going so far

Jordan Ayew determined to catch up to big brother Andre - See more at: http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/aston-villa-striker-jordan-ayew-determined-to-catch-up-to-big-brother-andre-4094576#sthash.hT6x6mdY.dpuf 

I am not a big fan of his, but I believe he will come good.

BTW, I am from Ghana :)

Edited by Asamoah
  • Like 2

Guys

Jordan is better than his brother  ... even his father and   brother   claim he's the better player.  He explains below why things have been rough going so far

Jordan Ayew determined to catch up to big brother Andre - See more at: http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/aston-villa-striker-jordan-ayew-determined-to-catch-up-to-big-brother-andre-4094576#sthash.hT6x6mdY.dpuf 

BTW, I am from Ghana [emoji4]

Good, like his confidence. I am personally looking forward to Jordan A coming good and causing those, who have been writing him off so dismissively after a few minutes of premier league football, to eat a slice of humble pie.

Guys

BTW, I am from Ghana emoji4.png

Good, like his confidence. I am personally looking forward to Jordan A coming good and causing those, who have been writing him off so dismissively after a few minutes of premier league football, to eat a slice of humble pie.

Was gonna say something along these lines too. Seems he's been munching conviction pie. munch away and produce Ayew!

Clickings!

If one Jordan can have a good news story then so can another.

Aston Villa: Jordan Ayew shows his class with touching gesture

Generous donation by Aston Villa's young new signing

Jordan Ayew of Aston Villa in action with team mate Kodi Lyons Foster
Jordan Ayew of Aston Villa in action with team mate Kodi Lyons Foster

Big-hearted Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew made a big gesture at the weekend by donating food and match tickets to African orphans.

The 23-year-old Ghana striker arranged for 30 match tickets to be presented to orphans of the 1994 Genocide against Tutsi.

He also donated food and household items, Ayew said: "I wanted to help young people and give them courage for the future life that’s why I visited them and gave them something to eat.”

Jordan Ayew of Aston Villa in action
Jordan Ayew of Aston Villa in action

Ayew has yet to shine in the claret and blue of Villa since his summer move from Lorient, although it is still very early days.

Jordan struck an impressive goal on international duty for Ghana last week, but has yet to open his account for his new club.

He cost Villa around £9 million, came to England about six weeks later, joining Tim Sherwood's claret and blues towards the end of July.

Aston Villa's Jordan Ayew in action with Bournemouth's Dan Gosling
Aston Villa's Jordan Ayew in action with Bournemouth's Dan Gosling

"Me and the other new boys at Villa are still adapting ourselves to the Premier League.

"But given time, I am confident I will do very well for Aston Villa.

"I feel with a lot of new players we are doing well. You need some time to get to know each other."

Jordan Ayew of Aston Villa
Jordan Ayew of Aston Villa

• Like 4

Needs game time but with 1 up front it's a difficult conundrum whether we can invest the time while not winning. I am sure he has the making of a decent player, the long contract suggests the management do too. Difficult days for all new players. Benteke started slowly too.

Needs game time but with 1 up front it's a difficult conundrum whether we can invest the time while not winning. I am sure he has the making of a decent player, the long contract suggests the management do too. Difficult days for all new players. Benteke started slowly too.

Benteke started slowly? Your memory must be off thunderball, he was great from the off.

He's started off slowly for Liverpool though :)

Starting for Ghana.. bout to watch the match.. be nice if he scores again.

who are they playing today?

Rwanda. Just about to kick-off.

Didn't even know Rwanda had a football team!

Nuff people say, you know they can't believe, Rwanda, they have a football team!

Benteke started slowly? Your memory must be off thunderball, he was great from the off.

He's started off slowly for Liverpool though :)

I'd say 2 goals in his first 10 games is starting pretty slowly, especially when you consider that he averaged nearly a goal a game in his time at VP.

Ayew needs some time, and I think football fans (myself included) are much too quick to judge a player nowadays. I think we need to give all the new foreign signings until May before we cast our judgement, they are taking on a new league and a new way of life, and I think they deserve until then.

I can admit that I've not been impressed by what I've seen so far in claret and blue, but he scored a nice goal for Ghana the other day (the matchwinner I believe) so at least we know he has it in his locker. There's plenty of time for him to improve.

Â