Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

His position will be (should be) as a central striker with others behind and out wide creating chances. He will get a run in that position I'm sure and I hope he does well. And I hope to begin with we all give him a chance too, and remember that his success, to a degree, will depend on the form of the other attacking players in the side charged with creating chances.

Some seem to be a bit worried about this deal.

just off the top of my head .....Benzema wasn't an immediate success at Real, if I recall.....and Gomis was playing second fiddle to Bony before his exit to Man City

I know, we haven't always got time, but he needs to find his feet in his own time.....I think he will surprise us when we least expect it and never look back.....I think he will be one of them.

just off the top of my head .....Benzema wasn't an immediate success at Real, if I recall.....and Gomis was playing second fiddle to Bony before his exit to Man City

I know, we haven't always got time, but he needs to find his feet in his own time.....I think he will surprise us when we least expect it and never look back.....I think he will be one of them.

Benteke struggled when he first joined. It was only the second part of the first season we started to see him come good.  

• Like 2

Im now really depending on him being the striker with movement we need. He was the less big signing I was excited for. Yet Im really thinking he could benefit us. Maybe because I thought we were willing to get another striker. Now its up to him to show us if he really worth what weve paid for him.

Benteke struggled when he first joined. It was only the second part of the first season we started to see him come good.  

I keep reading this. He got nine goals in his first nineteen games, including his first in his first fifteen minutes for the club. He looked raw and he missed a few chances, but it was as good a start as any Villa striker has ever had. 

Nowt to do with Ayew that, but this comparison to Benteke's start thing is odd.

• Like 1

I keep reading this. He got nine goals in his first nineteen games, including his first in his first fifteen minutes for the club. He looked raw and he missed a few chances, but it was as good a start as any Villa striker has ever had.

Nowt to do with Ayew that, but this comparison to Benteke's start thing is odd.

I agree, Benteke looked good from the start. Okay he missed his 1st real chance but his 1st goal was sublime.

I've no idea why JA is being written off, he has bags of talent and looks physically strong. All he needs is time to get used to the PL and he will be fine.

I can only guess it's our concerns that we are short of a decent striker that's causing the ott reactions towards him after just 3 games. If Gabby can score at this level the Ayew has nothing to worry about.

I'm confident Ayew will have a big part to play for Villa this season, personally I'm a lot more concerned about the ability of Rudy Gestede than I am about Jordan Ayew.

Â