Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

I'm putting him down as one for next season now. A bit like Petrov when he first came.

That's great precisely what we didn't need a striker who "isn't ready"

He's not even a striker he's a wide forward who can't even get a game and minutes to try and play himself into contention because the manager picks Gabby every week regardless of form

Such a waste of money when we could have signed Austin an out and out goalscorer for not not much more

Edited by AshVilla

Hands down the worst Villa player ever. No potential at all. Shocking signing 

Tonev and N'Zogbia are waving at you. Can you not see them?

Tonev 

Tonev and N'Zogbia are waving at you. Can you not see them?

They don't have a patch on this fella. 

Edited by dubliner

I haven't seen him do one thing right.

He's been absolutely terrible since he came. Do not see anything in him at all.

Sometimes I think you have to hold your hands up and say you've signed a complete dud. Unfortunately for us, this dud (along with Gestede) may cost us our premier league status.

I haven't seen him do one thing right.

He's been absolutely terrible since he came. Do not see anything in him at all.

Sometimes I think you have to hold your hands up and say you've signed a complete dud. Unfortunately for us, this dud (along with Gestede) may cost us our premier league status.

we are a month into the season.

• Like 1

Yesterday was not Ayew's fault and in a situation where we want to give the lad time to settle I'm not going to put one iota of blame on him for the ridiculous scenario that ended with him being on the pitch yesterday.  It's true that his brother has settled more quickly (although his brother did join his club earlier in the pre-season).  But at the very least Jordan needs to be used properly if we're going to see the best from him.  I'm going to mark yesterday off as a black mark against Sherwood and no-one else.

• Like 1

Yesterday was not Ayew's fault and in a situation where we want to give the lad time to settle I'm not going to put one iota of blame on him for the ridiculous scenario that ended with him being on the pitch yesterday.  It's true that his brother has settled more quickly (although his brother did join his club earlier in the pre-season).  But at the very least Jordan needs to be used properly if we're going to see the best from him.  I'm going to mark yesterday off as a black mark against Sherwood and no-one else.

I agree, poor decision to bring him on in my opinion

Indeed, the consensus is pretty much that he was completely the wrong person to bring on yesterday and he was made to look a bit foolish.  Sinclair's success this season has been a problem for Ayew as Scott has been playing the in the role that would seem most likely to fit him.  In some ways it should have taken some pressure off him to perform straight away, but it's resulted in Jordan being shoehorned into an unfamiliar position and hasn't got any rhythm going.  I'm not going to write him off at all, there is still plenty of time for him to come good but he will have to wait and earn a spot in the front 3 and go from there.

It is rather telling that Sherwood isn't starting either of the strikers he signed. They were always cheap gambles but as yet, if they can't displace the 'prolific' Gabby from the starting line up then you do have to worry if they'll have any impact this season. We actually finished with Richards almost playing as a striker...

Â