Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Why do people always say "he's only played x amount of games". Yes we all know this. We're not saying we're not giving him a chance, we're not saying he should be sold.

He may come good but we're all calling it is we see it. And what we've seen so far has been rubbish. Deal with it.

But you're not giving him a chance you are already writing him off as a waste of money after 3 games. How is that giving him a chance?

I'm not writing him off. After he signed and before he played a game for us I posted in here that this signing doesnt excite me at all based on what I've read and heard from people who have seen a lot him. So my "default setting" for him was underwhelmed and he's done absolutely nothing to suggest otherwise.

Looking at this video, he's clearly used to having more time on the ball in the French League compared to the Prem. The way he takes those penalties shows that he's got some swagger to his play however, and he looks like he could be a good fox in the box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvsIk0-n4tk

Just needs time to adjust to the speed of the Premier League, but I think he can do it. Tim and the scouts have obviously seen enough to go out and recruit him, where other options would have been available with that budget. 

• Like 1

Why do people always say "he's only played x amount of games". Yes we all know this. We're not saying we're not giving him a chance, we're not saying he should be sold.

He may come good but we're all calling it is we see it. And what we've seen so far has been rubbish. Deal with it.

"He may come good" is not the same as "massive waste of money" though is it?

One is saying that he could indeed become more effective, it other is writing him off. So which is it? Is he a waste of money, or do you think he could get better and thus proving not to be a waste of money, as you've said both?

• Like 2

I totally admit to being sceptical about Ayew ever becoming a good player for us. However he certainly deserves an opportunity to prove this theory right or wrong. 3 games certainly isn't enough time. 

If, come the end of the season he hasn't demonstrated that he can perform consistently at this level, this being reflected by his goal tally and general level of performance, then it'd be fair to right him off as a waste of money. But it's a bit silly to say these things after 3 games. The lad deserves a chance. 

• Like 1

"He may come good" is not the same as "massive waste of money" though is it?

One is saying that he could indeed become more effective, it other is writing him off. So which is it? Is he a waste of money, or do you think he could get better and thus proving not to be a waste of money, as you've said both?

I dont think he's a good player and dont think he will come good for us. That's my hunch. I think he will be an expensive mistake to throw in the massive pile of them in recent years.

He's not reading this so I dont particularly care if that's negative or reactionary. Whatever. It also doesnt mean I wont take those words back if he proves his worth but I cant see that happening.

I predict he will be a very important player for us this season and will play a pivotal role pushing us into the top ten.

• Like 1

He looked completely lost against Bournemouth, like he didn't know his role or what he was supposed to do. It might have been nerves, miscommunication because of the language barrier, or the off field issues that have been emerging recently. That said, I didn't think he looked that bad against Manure and he certainly looked better than Gabby. He was just as exhausted as everyone else in the team by the 70th minute but he was still getting on the ball and trying to make something work. I have faith. Once he settles, he'll be great.

• Like 1

But you're not saying he's been poor so far. 

That is true, he has. Nobody will disagree with that.

What you are saying is he looks like a massive waste of money.

So you say you're not saying you're "not giving him a chance", but that is exactly what you're doing isn't it?

• Like 2

So you're writing him off based on what others say after 3 games?

Bet you feel good about yourself :)

What others had said about him BEFORE he came here as I explained previously  :bang:

:lol: it's the same thing. The point is, you're basing your opinion that he will not come good for us on what other people have told you (+ 3 games for us, credit where it's due tbf). The timeline in which you received this compelling piece of information is irrelevant. 

• Like 2

Â