Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

I think Jordan actually had better stats than his brother last year in Ligue 1. Once he settles and gets into his rhythm I think he'll do really well.

I think Jordan scored one more goal in all competitions, but Andre is a winger, whereas Jordan primarily played striker. 

I think Jordan has some skill to him, but I think he is just a cheaper Gabby to be honest. His pace can cause problems, but if he can't score, then what's the point. 

He looks like a player that needs a pre-season - at the moment, I'm not worried about his touch, or his football brain, that'll come as he links with the team, I'm not massively concerned about his ability, he's clearly got enough of that to have gotten him here. My worry with him at the moment is that he's not a good enough athlete for the Premier League, he's a little slow and not particularly strong - neither of which I expected, he looks like the kind of player that's quick - on current evidence, that's not the case.

Is he really like Gabby in terms of pace ?

He isnt quick in anything Ive seen from him. What impressed me was his tackling and some aerial duels. He clearly seem more technical than Gabby.

Im still not sure about his main position. He played wide Vs Bournmouth. Striker Vs Man Utd.

I dont think hes a good winger. Nor a game against Utd could test a striker. How did he do Vs Notts is interesting though. Ive not seen many who were impressed by him there. Still early days but sometimes you could see signs of good stuff.

New signing written off after playing 221 minutes of football for Villa.

Is this a new record for Villa fans?

Villa FAN

I can only see one person writing him off.

I think Jordan actually had better stats than his brother last year in Ligue 1. Once he settles and gets into his rhythm I think he'll do really well.

I think Jordan scored one more goal in all competitions, but Andre is a winger, whereas Jordan primarily played striker.

I think Jordan has some skill to him, but I think he is just a cheaper Gabby to be honest. His pace can cause problems, but if he can't score, then what's the point.

Although tbf Jordan was playing for a struggling side.

Is he really like Gabby in terms of pace ?

He isnt quick in anything Ive seen from him. What impressed me was his tackling and some aerial duels. He clearly seem more technical than Gabby.

Im still not sure about his main position. He played wide Vs Bournmouth. Striker Vs Man Utd.

I dont think hes a good winger. Nor a game against Utd could test a striker. How did he do Vs Notts is interesting though. Ive not seen many who were impressed by him there. Still early days but sometimes you could see signs of good stuff.

Against County he got involved deep quite a lot but then kept going offside. I'm not sure whether it was eagerness or stupidity or the fact we aren't used to our strikers making runs. Hopefully it's the latter and we can get used to him and release the ball a bit quicker if that's the case he'll be fine as he does make done good runs.

If someone offered £5 million for him today. I'd happily take a £5 million hit on him after only 3 games.....He really was that bad against County. One of the worst performances I've seen from a Villa player considering the opposition.

Unbelievable. 221 minutes played and we already want him gone. Angel was much worse than him when he first joined and he ended up scoring 23 goals in one season. Ayew is 23, playing in a side that hasn't created many chances this season and he's also came from a League that's a lot slower than the PL. I'll judge him when he's got 25 games under his belt and even that and even that's probably too soon.

I'm on record as a doubter. He looks poor to me, and I'll be surprised if he comes good.

But I won't harangue him and I will give him credit when he plays well. I want him to succeed and I take no personally pleasure in being 'right'.

At this moment in time I wouldn't be picking either Ayew or Agbonlahor.

• Like 1

Â