Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

It was only SHA but I think he needed that. Looked well off it in the mins he's got in the prem so far but you could see him gaining confidence there. Brilliant performance in fact, great touch and dribbles. Has to go straight in to the XI at plop. So relieved he showed something tonight and linked up well with Jack because I was beginning to fear Gestede, Ayew and Gabby leading our line until Jan at least. Looks theres a player in there.

So much better tonight, it really felt like that if a second goal was coming it would be from him.

Work rate is very good, I saw him gave the ball away in their half and sprinted all the way back until it was clear. 

Also, (and this is not an attack on Gabby or anyone else), if you asked me which of our players this derby game mattered to the most, based on tonight's performances, Ayew and Grealish would be right up there. 

Good stuff Jordan!

really great to see... now push on from here young man!

Pushing on is the important thing here. For as important as it was for the fans (and Tim Sherwood's job security) to beat Small Heath, on the pitch he was only up against mid table Championship defenders.  He'll have to perform against much better opposition in the coming weeks and it's not going to be easy. Hopefully tonight gave him some much needed confidence.  

• Like 1

Â