Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

I liked that he was last off the pitch, its a little thing but little things can help to endear you to the fans. Well played young man.

No idea where this came from, looked like a completely different player. Great skills, destroyed their fullback on multiple occasions, always looked like he was going to make things happen. For me, his performance was the biggest positive from today,

Enough to suggest if his confidence is built slowly he will be a useful player. Big decision now is whether or not to start him next time. I think he has done enough for a starting spot.

• Like 1

I'm prepared to eat a moderately-sized slice of humble pie. 

On the positive side, clearly this was by a million miles his best performance for us. It was an opportunity and he definitely seized it, and that was good to see. He wanted the ball, he showed some very good close control at times, and his performance clearly helped to lift the team. 

If I could add just a tiny bit of piss into the vinegar though, there wasn't all that much end product and he did turn over the ball a fair amount. A few of his runs were just slightly N'Zogbia-esque. 

Nevertheless, much improved and very heartening. 

wow ..never knew he had that in his repertoire

Whoever got him from rock bottom confidence wise to that performance deserves a coach of the year award  ... hope he enjoys his limelight tonight and that he can maintain that sort of level

• Like 1

One of the most pleasing positives on the night.

Thought he worked the ball well .....noticed that his iffy moments were when he first came on and he grew in to the game.....suffice to say towards the end I detected a bit of a swagger appearing in to his game.

This guy could be a real surprise to us.

• Like 1

I don't think it's too OTT the suggest that our season could hinge on this kid. So far this season our worry has been the front line, and I've been as vocal as most in suggesting this kid was rubbish. If he actually turns into the player Tim thought he was signing then we could be in for a decent season.

.....noticed that his iffy moments were when he first came on and he grew in to the game.....suffice to say towards the end I detected a bit of a swagger appearing

Ye, in previous games he seemed low on confidence and a bit unsure what he was trying to do.   If Tim gives him a run of games, and the supporters get behind him,  he will only get better - showed some glimpses of real class last night.

Nah nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah, hey Ayew!

Edited by Gary Thomas

He was very nervous in his first few appearances - it showed as he'd try to take a guy on, fail, get disappointed with himself and just be miserable and ineffectual for the rest of the game. He came out yesterday desperate to prove himself and make an impact and that he did. 

Â