Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Looked good last night. I'm dreaming of seeing Grealish, Gil, and Traore behind Ayew at some point with them all interchanging!

Sinclair, Gabby and Gestede as impact subs! 

I think that is too weak, and would be a recipe for a beating. You have to think of the midfield.

It works for Arsenal?

Looked good last night. I'm dreaming of seeing Grealish, Gil, and Traore behind Ayew at some point with them all interchanging!

Sinclair, Gabby and Gestede as impact subs! 

I think that is too weak, and would be a recipe for a beating. You have to think of the midfield.

It works for Arsenal?

Bit different, don't you think?

Well, whilst not exactly comparable, they are a team who do have "lighter weight", technical, creatives across their midfield and don't have a 20+ goal forward. You wouldn't think it would work but it does.

I agree, but I would still stand by my opinion with regard to our team.

Well, whilst not exactly comparable, they are a team who do have "lighter weight", technical, creatives across their midfield and don't have a 20+ goal forward. You wouldn't think it would work but it does.

I think you might be right Antrim, I think there are a few variations worth a try yet, but it could work - I really hope it does as it would be really positive attacking football, they are also four players that can all score goals.

I think you might be right Antrim, I think there are a few variations worth a try yet, but it could work - I really hope it does as it would be really positive attacking football, they are also four players that can all score goals.

hopefully Gana and Veretout can be good enough and strong to play in a 2 with those 3 behind Ayew. Playing Gil centrally will also help if he can get fit enough to run things in there. Ayew makes runs all day long something we lack badly from our other strikers

But success is relative. Given the aspirations of a club like Arsenal, many would argue that a couple of cups in the last decade show that Arsenals approach is far from " working"

But success is relative. Given the aspirations of a club like Arsenal, many would argue that a couple of cups in the last decade show that Arsenals approach is far from " working"

I would swap Arsenal's record of Wengers reign over our equivalent. They are only a few players short of a PL challenging side, their system and balance works.

Edited by thunderball

Got to feel for this guy sat on the bench probably chomping at the bit to get on and sherwood leaves him there and lets Sinclair see out the full game, not like we needed fresh legs in attack or a player who could take on a player and make something happen is it Tim?  Terrible man management 

Aside from 45 mins against a Championship side that lost to Rotherham today :) then Ayew has looked way off the pace for us and looks like it will take him some time to adjust to the Prem. I am confident he will be a decent player for us in time but for now, like the manager,I personally wouldn't have been starting him away from home against the likes of Liverpool.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

I still don't even expect much from this player but he did warrant the opportunity to build on his display against Small Heath. The thing is that he was the most expensive signing of the window yet the manager doesn't even feel he is worth bringing on when chasing the game and compounded by Sinclair (who has contributed the square root of naff all since Sunderland) getting the full ninety minutes, again. Bizarre.

Aside from 45 mins against a Championship side that lost to Rotherham today :) then Ayew has looked way off the pace for us and looks like it iwill take him some time to adjust to the Prem. I am confident he will be a decent player for us in time but for now, like the manager,I personally wouldn't have been starting him away from home against the likes of Liverpool.

But Sinclair was rubbish for 90mins against that championship side that lost to Rotherham today ;)

Â