Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Looks like Swansea got the shitter Ayew brother

Even though I think you meant that as a joke there is actually something in this, albeit quite small.

If I recall correctly, When they were at Marsielle Jordan was rated higher than his brother but there were issues with consistency. Now whilst we all know that Andre is probably going to be better overall I don't actually think the gulf between will be that large given time.

• Like 1

Looked a different player. Maybe the problem was fitness?

Previously he's looked slow and clumsy. Last night he looked quick and sharp. A real handful.

Looking forward to him progressing.

I think people are very quick to jump the gun because we paid a lot of money for him

In reality he's a young foreign kid settling in a new country where the fans are demanding, a new extremely competitive league, and playing in a secondary position half the time.

I know for a fact that Sherwood bought him on the basis of a thorough scouting report (likely built up via a player model) and he isn't just some dunce.

They will all need time to settle and some will adapt quicker than others, but he has talent and the best way we can bring that out of him is get behind him and help build his confidence, just like today.

Ayew, Ayew, Ayew's on fireeee

Edited by gilbertoAVFC
  • Like 1

That's what we needed to see last night. At least we know he has something in his locker.

He was brilliant last night and hopefully he can kick on. 

Thats what pleased me so much, I didn't think it was a case of needing time to settling in (hence I admit I thought he was a dud), I genuinely didn't see anything that led me to believe he could improve. His touch was atrocious, there was no pace or awareness, nothing. Last night however we got a glimpse of what Tim/scouts obviously saw in him. Delighted for him.

Edited by av1

Real pleasing performance last night showed good skills but also desire to track and help defend when loosing the ball

Hopefully can kick on and displace Gabby in the team.

I noticed this too. He lost the ball trying to do a trick but tracked the blose player all the way back into our half and ended up winning the ball back. Good to see.

• Like 1

He looked really pumped up. He was extremely aggressive, threw himself into challenges and showed a lot of quality. A massive change from the lethargic and timid displays we've seen up until now. 

Looks like the lad is getting sharp and much fitter, let's hope he can do this consistently. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

was very willing to track back and help out defensively as well, good to see

To those saying he hasn't shown 'anything' until now, his defensive side/tracking back is something that a few of us had commented on prior to yesterday's game.

I'm glad he's now shown us what he has to offer in his offensive game. More of the same please Jordan.

Ayew, Ayew, Ayew is on fire!

• Like 2

.......He has just played himself right in to the reckoning.

Its like we have another player now, based on what we saw.

I saw in his previous excursions a "hound dog" look......last night i saw an aggressive determined young man with a purpose.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Great game for a 46 year old  - (he aint the most fresh faced of characters is he..)

Question is, if Adama is fit and healthy for Liverpool, who starts in that outside right/ right wing position? (dont say Gabby)

Westwood.    Sanchez.

Traore.            Veretout.          Grealish.

Ayew.

Great game for a 46 year old  - (he aint the most fresh faced of characters is he..)

Question is, if Adama is fit and healthy for Liverpool, who starts in that outside right/ right wing position? (dont say Gabby)

Westwood.    Sanchez.

Traore.            Veretout.          Grealish.

Ayew.

This seems to deprive Ayew of the chance to do what he did well last night, which was run at people.

When he played as a lone striker against Notts Co, he was offside constantly. 

Fair point Hanoivillan. But he is a central striker, is it not better to play him in his favoured position now his fitness/confidence seems to be improving?

I agree with your point regarding constantly straying offside against Notts County, but let's face it, he was simply rubbish in that game, I don't know what has happened in the last week or so, maybe it was all just down to fitness, whatever it was he looked like a different player last night so I wouldn't be against giving him another shot in his favoured CF position.

Fair point Hanoivillan. But he is a central striker, is it not better to play him in his favoured position now his fitness/confidence seems to be improving?

I agree with your point regarding constantly straying offside against Notts County, but let's face it, he was simply rubbish in that game, I don't know what has happened in the last week or so, maybe it was all just down to fitness, whatever it was he looked like a different player last night so I wouldn't be against giving him another shot in his favoured CF position.

Out of interest, how do you know its his favored position?

Â