Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

I caught a bit of Sky Sports News earlier and they had Tony Cascarino comparing Adebayor with Benteke using Football Manager stats. Really, that's what journalism has come to.

They were using FM stats the other day about a player they obviously knew nothing about.

I caught a bit of Sky Sports News earlier and they had Tony Cascarino comparing Adebayor with Benteke using Football Manager stats. Really, that's what journalism has come to.

I'd like to see Tony Cascarino's FM stats.

Giving Head - 11

Finishing - 6

Being a Complete F***ing Moron - 21

Fixed for ya! :D

They were using FM stats the other day about a player they obviously knew nothing about.

Carlton Palmer was on TalkSport this morning talking about the upcoming season. He said he expected Villa to struggle again as we'd lost some key players and only bought in Richards and another player. Clearly he hadn't done much research before his expert anaylsis.

• Like 1

I am not bothered (as must know) and I am not suprised that its aminly down to money and if reports are believed wants to stay in London

i want committed players at this club, not some 31 year old who can only be bothered for about 10 games of the season. Also a poor role model to younger players.

Would rather get Lennon in and push sinclair in the hole or up top

From the BBC website http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33821560

Emmanuel Adebayor: Aston Villa not giving up on Tottenham striker

Aston Villa boss Tim Sherwood thinks he could still sign Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor.

The 31-year-old's proposed loan move to Villa Park has reportedly broken down,  despite the Togolese having visited the club's training ground.

"He was here and we spoke but he's a Tottenham player," said Sherwood.

"He's still a Tottenham player so something went wrong. If it can be revived and we think it's necessary, the two parties have to agree on it."

Sherwood has already brought in forwards Jordan Ayew and Rudy Gestede after the departure of last season's top scorer Christian Benteke to Liverpool.

The Villa boss managed Adebayor during his spell in charge at White Hart Lane between December 2013 and May 2014.

"At the moment there's no agreement and he's a Tottenham player," said Sherwood.

"It's unfair for me to talk about him, he's a Tottenham player and I can't speculate on where he might go."

Edited by Supervillan78

It really wouldn't surprise me if this is shelved until the final day -

let's face it, the reported £100k a week wages is a huge amount for us to take on and by making Spudzzz sweat until the last day we stand a better chance of getting that figure shortened as they will be desperate to get rid.

Think we should look at an experienced CB and a right winger first - although Senderos has been given a squad number (whilst others haven't) so maybe he has a future here?

Spurs can't make their position any more clear, they haven't even given Adebayor a squad number this season  (Twitter) so he isn't getting a game for them even if he stays.  

Just reading up on Adebayor's personal life and it seems he is married with one kid who would have started school last year so he might consider himself part of a settled family unit and not want to uproot that which is fair enough as far as I'm concerned, but I don't think we should be bending over backwards to accommodate his work/life balance.  If he stays in London and plays for a London based club then he can probably kiss his daughter in the morning before she goes to school and be there when she gets back most days when you consider the hours that footballers tend to work on non match days. He won't be able to do that at the Villa, having digs in Birmingham might not suit him and I guess the club don't want him to commute that far. I can't see why, you don't want a guy turning up knackered every day. 

• Like 1

Spurs can't make their position any more clear, they haven't even given Adebayor a squad number this season (Twitter) so he isn't getting a game for them even if he stays.

Just reading up on Adebayor's personal life and it seems he is married with one kid who would have started school last year so he might consider himself part of a settled family unit and not want to uproot that which is fair enough as far as I'm concerned, but I don't think we should be bending over backwards to accommodate his work/life balance. If he stays in London and plays for a London based club then he can probably kiss his daughter in the morning before she goes to school and be there when she gets back most days when you consider the hours that footballers tend to work on non match days. He won't be able to do that at the Villa, having digs in Birmingham might not suit him and I guess the club don't want him to commute that far. I can't see why, you don't want a guy turning up knackered every day.

I didn't realise there are no schools in Brum ?

Explains a lot about Gabby I guess....

• Like 2

I thought this was nailed on, didn't someone on here say we shut the club shop to print a load of shirts with his name on?

Edited by Jimzk5

Deadline day signing written all over it.

Day after hopefully

Harry Rednapp isn't our manager now is he?