Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

OK. So you agree that he's well within his rights to put his family first?

I really don't know what your argument is.

He is within his rights to do anything he pleases as he is contracted to Totenham. Nobody is forcing him to come here.

I don't understand why you think its acceptable for him to travel to Europe and away games, staying in hotels for a London team but not to stay in hotels for AVFC?

If this is a genuine reason for the deal falling through then I am well within my rights to say "Thank God he didn't sign for us". I only want players who are 100% committed to the club. Not pampered has beens who get a nose bleed if they go further north than Watford.

He is within his rights to do anything he pleases as he is contracted to Totenham. Nobody is forcing him to come here.

I don't understand why you think its acceptable for him to travel to Europe and away games, staying in hotels for a London team but not to stay in hotels for AVFC?

If this is a genuine reason for the deal falling through then I am well within my rights to say "Thank God he didn't sign for us". I only want players who are 100% committed to the club. Not pampered has beens who get a nose bleed if they go further north than Watford.

No argument. Just asking the question and making a general point to the thread. 

Regards your second point, I never said anything of the sort. He has been left out of Tottenham's squad anyway so won't be travelling across Europe. 

It's phrases like "pampered has been's who get a nose bleed if they go further north than Watford" which sparked me to defend the guy a little. If he has lost his desire, or doesn't want to move away from his family, for WHATEVER reason, then fair enough. We won't sign him obviously and neither do I think we should. That doesn't make him a shit human being!

I've been waiting outside the club shop for a week to get one of the first Adebayor shirts that we've already had printed up 

No argument. Just asking the question and making a general point to the thread. 

Regards your second point, I never said anything of the sort. He has been left out of Tottenham's squad anyway so won't be travelling across Europe. 

It's phrases like "pampered has been's who get a nose bleed if they go further north than Watford" which sparked me to defend the guy a little. If he has lost his desire, or doesn't want to move away from his family, for WHATEVER reason, then fair enough. We won't sign him obviously and neither do I think we should. That doesn't make him a shit human being!

You did say something of the sort-You said it was perfectly reasonable for him not to want to be away from his family.

It is impossible for this to happen for a professional footballer as they are regularly away travelling with the team, be it away games, Europe, pre-season or a mid season break.

I have not suggested that he is a "shit human being", only that if he doesn't want to accept the clubs rules then his appetite can't be that great and we're better off without him.

Personally I don't the whole 'he doesn't want to uproot his family' is the real reason that the transfer hasn't happened. I've no substance behind that than just my own view.

Ok, I'll elaborate. He supposedly doesn't want to move his family as they are settled in London? However, he'll more than likely be moving them next year anyway when his contract expires (unless he joins another London club of course). Therefore, I think its more down to the length of contract. I think he wants 2-3 years as opposed to a loan. What he probably doesn't want is to move his family from London to Brum now and then from Brum to somewhere else next year. That's what I think anyway

He could live in London and catch a helicopter every day for all I care as long as he performed on the pitch

I'll be honest, I've wanted Adebayor here since Sherwood arrived and I remain hopeful a deal can be resurrected 

Again, I would argue that if it were wages then he could quite easily take a slight drop to see the deal through. We can't be that far apart. Milner did it in the summer and he's earnt way less than Adebayor has throughout his career.

The way I'm looking at this is a loanee will take up a place of someone who is here long term. Gestede is a must start for me, meaning one of Grealish, Sinclair, Gil, Awye or Gabby would have to make way for Adebayor. If it was a straight choice with Gabby then I'd be for it but as it stands, I'd sooner see Sinclair given a sustained run in the side. I'm convinced he'd hit double figures.

Before Gestedes arrival, I was very keen for Adebayor to sign. I'm not quite as keen now.

It will happen Aug 30/31st I reckon.

That's my view. I reckon it's probably to do with who will pay what but we don't NEED Adebayor so we can hold on and eventually Spuds will be forced to say **** it, he's yours.

Again, I would argue that if it were wages then he could quite easily take a slight drop to see the deal through. We can't be that far apart. Milner did it in the summer and he's earnt way less than Adebayor has throughout his career.

Milner was a few agent. Spurs gave Adebayor a deal, they should honour it like we had to honour ours. IMO again.

First post!!

He would be a good signing as an old head amongst a young set up. On his day, better than what we have got and the TS factor would only help. I hope it goes through. Only sticking point I can see would relate to clauses on extending the deal after this season.

Adebayor and Rudi up front could be a naughty little combo...

I don't think there has been a single player in the history of the game to take a pay cut to go on loan somewhere. What a ridiculous notion.

I totally saw what that said before you edited it... ;) Methinks your phone is used to searching for a certain word...

• Like 1