Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

Does Richard or anybody know what happened here?

Just genuinely curious. I thought this was done and dusted. Did he just not turn up or something?

Nobody knows anything, people here claimed he had already signed and passed a medical weeks ago.

Most likely Tim tried to sign him but Levy wanted too much or Ade wouldnt lower his wages, just common sense really.

I think there may be an element of truth to him not wanting to leave London again. He didnt want to leave Arsenal but the silly money City were offering was a small sacrifice. Like most footballers driven by money. Boy does he like to boast how much money he has

He didn't want to leave Arsenal? Went a funny way about it his last 18 months there...

I think there may be an element of truth to him not wanting to leave London again. He didnt want to leave Arsenal but the silly money City were offering was a small sacrifice. Like most footballers driven by money. Boy does he like to boast how much money he has

Pretty sure most of his wages go to charities in Togo

• Like 1

Pretty sure most of his wages go to charities in Togo

Yup and a lot to his family as well.

According to reports he didn't fancy moving to Birmingham for whatever reason and Villa pulled the plug as a result. Maybe he decided that it wasn't worth moving just for a 1 season loan deal given that he is going to be paid the same amount regardless. In any event we should only be signing players who want to play for us and would do anything to come here, Adebayor clearly isn't one of those players.

In any event we should only be signing players who want to play for us and would do anything to come here, Adebayor clearly isn't one of those players.

This. A lot of the kick back off this deal was through fear that, potentially at least, Adebayor might create problems in the dressing room - a dressing room that is still working out who the dominant personalities are.

If Adebayor was stalling on this, though, it must stick in Tim's throat a bit.

I guess we won't ever know the full details...

In any event we should only be signing players who want to play for us and would do anything to come here, Adebayor clearly isn't one of those players.

it must stick in Tim's throat a bit...

Getting images of Adebayor facial now. Oh Tim...

Thank you VT - my mind has already been broken and this is what, post number five?!

Hmmm if the deal is completely dead I do worry where all our goals are going to come from. I like Gestede but I think it's a bit unfair to ask him to fill the gap Benteke has left by himself. I'm hoping we will score more goals from other areas of the pitch but it's still a concern.

Hmmm if the deal is completely dead I do worry where all our goals are going to come from. I like Gestede but I think it's a bit unfair to ask him to fill the gap Benteke has left by himself. I'm hoping we will score more goals from other areas of the pitch but it's still a concern.

We spent £10m on Jordan Ayew as well. Seems to be the forgotten man due to an indifferent debut.

• Like 2

I still hope this happens and I feel there may be a twist on the last day of the window. The West Ham rumours are just that, there are no substance to them.

Obviously i'm no StevoITK

• Like 1

I want him still. Tonight showed our lack of attacking players. Gabby is gabby ayew needs to bed in and may take some time (ain't these two friends? That may help) and I'm not ready to do to rudy what we did to benteke. No eggs in one basket. I want different options and Ade gives us that. Get him in please Tim.

• Like 1