Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

I think we're trying to make sure that we don't get Jenased again.

How many footballer-verbs are there? So far I've seen getting Delphed, getting Jenased and getting Postma'd.

to heskey [hes-kē]

verb heskey 3rd person present heskies past tense heskied past participle heskied gerund or present participle heskying

To pay overprice for a perpetually underperforming player whilst not recognizing the subject's deficiencies.

example: "Holy shit, Bolton Wanderers just got seriously heskied, mate!"

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 3

I think we're trying to make sure that we don't get Jenased again.

How many footballer-verbs are there? So far I've seen getting Delphed, getting Jenased and getting Postma'd.

to heskey [hes-kē]

verb heskey 3rd person present heskies past tense heskied past participle heskied gerund or present participleheskying

To pay overprice for a perpetually underperforming player whilst not recognizing the subject's deficiencies.

example: "Holy shit, Bolton Wanderers just got seriously heskied, mate!"

Frimpong'd!

Hopefully Gestede, Kozak, Ayew & Gabby have all impressed enough in training to convince Tim that spending these kind of wages just isn't needed. 4 strikers (plus upcoming players from youth) SHOULD be enough for a team without European commitment anyway.

I hope not. If this deal is dead I would presume Tim,Fox and co. would have another option.

• Like 1

Hopefully Gestede, Kozak, Ayew & Gabby have all impressed enough in training to convince Tim that spending these kind of wages just isn't needed. 4 strikers (plus upcoming players from youth) SHOULD be enough for a team without European commitment anyway.

I hope not. If this deal is dead I would presume Tim,Fox and co. would have another option.

I think it depends on whether Sherwood intends to play one or two up front most games. If he decides to regularly start with one up front, then 4 (+ Sinclair and youth) is enough. 

Still Thibk he will sign before Saturday.

Perhaps Sherwood has adopted the A-Team BA method and given Adebayor a glass of milk to drug him to get him out of London?

Does seem odd, visit to BMH, apparent medical and photos done... now nothing....

Its either true about him not wanting to live in sunny Brum, or Spurs have back tracked on how much of his wages they are willing to pay.

Do you think there is anything in the stories of him wanting to stay in London or Sherwood pulling the plug? Yes the deal has dragged on but there is still a few weeks of the window left and it could purely be down to negotiations over who pays his wages.

It's easy to point at Adeyabyor as being the issue but the truth is nobody knows what's happening.

Let's not forget that the media can be used by the club sometimes to force the player's hand. If we want him, and he's worried about his future, something tells me rumors that we've stopped pursuing him can only aid our pursuit/negotiating position.

Spurs only have Kane as the striker they want. It's risky to sell Adebayor and Soldado without replacing them first. I think everything is in place, just waiting for spurs to make sure they're not left short when the window shuts.

• Like 1

Spurs only have Kane as the striker they want. It's risky to sell Adebayor and Soldado without replacing them first. I think everything is in place, just waiting for spurs to make sure they're not left short when the window shuts.

Kind of irrelevant. Spurs and Adebayor are done, no matter what happens external to that. 

Being reported on the BBC live transfer update...

_65215749_mark_regan_small.jpg

Mark Regan

BBC WM Sport

Posted at 15:20

Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor's move to Aston Villa is on the brink of collapse as the player is understood to be reluctant to move out of the capital. The Togo striker has been in talks with Villa for weeks and look set to be reunited with Tim Sherwood, who was his boss at Spurs. But now the deal, while not totally dead in the water, is pretty close to it.

Villa fans will be philosophical as they have had a far busier summer than many would have thought and there are lots of players to get excited about. Furthermore, Sherwood has attacking options now with Rudy Gestede, Libor Kozak, Jordan Ayew and Gabby Agbonlahor.

Why has it taken Adebayor so long to realise Birmingham is a bit of a distance from London? Has it moved?

Edited by SilentMajority

Kind of irrelevant. Spurs and Adebayor are done, no matter what happens external to that.

But they leave themselves in a vulnerable position. It's unlikely they'd **** up and end up with just Kane but keeping Adebayor until he's replaced is still an insurance policy. I don't know for sure obviously but I could see that being part of the issue.

I don't buy Adebayor not wanting to come, very rare players come and look round the club when they have no interest in joining.

I don't buy Adebayor not wanting to come, very rare players come and look round the club when they have no interest in joining.

The reports seem to suggest that he's interested in joining but doesn't want to move to Birmingham and wants to commute daily from London.

I seem to remember Pires doing this and the club providing a chauffeur.

That didn't work out too well...

If its a deal breaker, so be it.

No way is he bloody well getting chauffered from Lon to BMH every day for training.

Though it's a good call to remember that Pires got that privilege and quite plausible that Adebayor negotiated for the same.

Guess it's Berba then. ;)