Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

What if it's all bollocks and he's not taking the piss, still move on?

I don't understand why it would drag on so long, in any case. Someone is taking the piss somewhere and it's 2 days before our first game of the season. Move on.

To who? That we could get in tomorrow I mean.

If it takes a couple more weeks but he's who they want and they are confident it will get done, crack on. It's a marathon not a sprint.

I'm not saying we need someone in place tomorrow (hey, who knows, Adebayor might suddenly arrive) just that it's dragged on long enough already.  Would rather leave the "piss taking" alone and go for someone else.

I'm unable to name anyone having not done any scouting recently.  Just maybe someone who would want to come to Villa.

• Like 1

What if it's all bollocks and he's not taking the piss, still move on?

Well, it is all subject to what is really going on and I am not ITK.

I did initially fancy him in the team, but there are plenty that don't....My initial opinion is being tested by the reports of him not wanting to be involved in a relegation fight, if true(would suggest he is here for a meal ticket) He does'nt fancy living in Birmingham....which I think sends out the wrong Vibes/Intentions.....that for me has created some of our problems in the past.....commuting long distance has not happened during our better spells on the pitch, lets not get back in to that.

We Birmingham Folk will defend our city, but at the same time knowing it hasn't got the pull of London, Paris or even Manchester ( although that could be debated)....those players that have difficulty settling in town, lets find those that will.

Spurs are not exactly nailed on top four material.....they have been described as desperate to get rid.....Their fans have been derogatory towards him.....Andy Gray has voiced his disapproval.

.....are we close to getting "out of jail" on this.? :(

behind gestede, ayew, kozak and gabby, id like to see robinson, sellers and hepburn-murphy given a chance instead of signing adebayor

£100k per week for a fifth choice striker is a joke

• Like 1

behind gestede, ayew, kozak and gabby, id like to see robinson, sellers and hepburn-murphy given a chance instead of signing adebayor

If he came and performed like he can then he'd be first choice I think.

Do you know who Adebayor is?

• Like 2

Never really wanted him here in the first place so I'm not fussed if it has fallen through. We'll still need to sign another forward though.

Edited by Isa

IF he ends up at West Ham or Palace and bangs in 15 goals, I'll be really pissed off!

The 100k per week is a certainty

The 15/20 Goals is a promise....probably not even that from him......and even then that has to compute in to points for us.

The deal is totally loaded in his favour.....and his record doesn't warrant that.

• Like 1

Always said I'm a fan of the signing if the deal was right.

Sounds like we're past making a deal that's right for us, so let's move on and look elsewhere. Adebayor was always going to be linked with Sherwood. Doesn't mean he's the only striker who can bang in goals available.

A signing like Adebayor takes the pressure off Ayew and Gestede, isn't going to demand to start every game and is relatively cheap.

I think we'll struggle to bring in an equal who offers all those things.

• Like 2

Never really wanted him here in the first place so I'm not fussed if it has fallen through. We'll still need to sign another forward though.

Yes let's not forget this.

As it stands Gestede has effectively replaced Benteke as main striker. As much as I want Rudy to be a revelation that's a lot of pressure for someone with limited prem experience once he starts playing.

We still need to get in an experienced striker. As I've said before I don't class Ayew as a main striker.

A signing like Adebayor takes the pressure off Ayew and Gestede, isn't going to demand to start every game and is relatively cheap.

There is no basis to presume that.

There is no basis to presume that.

He's 31 and made 17 appearances last season. I also don't think Sherwood would be going for him after signing Gestede if he was going to demand this.

It is a dampener for my expectations if he doesn't come here. I'm happy with the guys we have brought in, but they are unproven on this level. We still need Ade desperately, otherwise we'll struggle for goals, again.

I reckon Levy is trying to negotiate a better deal but we are holding firm. I think this will happen. People are suggesting we move on but I don't think we'll get a better striker for the money. Hence why we haven't walked away.

Or maybe we have walked away as per today's reports.