Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

I don't think there has been a single player in the history of the game to take a pay cut to go on loan somewhere. What a ridiculous notion.

Well if players do it when transferred half way through contracts, I'm sure there will have been some who have accepted a drop in order to get more game time.

You might find this hard to believe but as well as snuggling up to the wife at night and of course money, some players actually want to play football. Quite often they take a drop in wages in order to do so. A ridiculous notion also you might think but never the less its true.

I don't know why you're being quite so prickly to be honest, I agree with you in the main.

He has a signed, legally binding contract, and I have genuinely never heard of a player taking a pay cut to go on loan. If you can find one then I'll hold my hands up. That would involve renegotiating his contact, for one.

At the end of the day Spurs are accountable for that too. You're asking him to take responsibility for Levy wanting to renege on a deal.

Either way, you can't blame him for not wanting to buckle at this point. You might *think* he should give up £40k a week to play for us, but with 20 days left in the window he would be absolutely mental to do so.

Again just IMO. It's nothing personal against yourself.

Also, these players that supposedly take pay cuts whilst in the middle of a deal. Are they 31 year olds approaching the end of their career signing 1 year deals?

Free agents I can understand.

Again, I know of no examples of it happening. I think Adebayor is an easy target.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I've been waiting outside the club shop for a week to get one of the first Adebayor shirts that we've already had printed up

You needing some soup or anything?

Please. Or some broth. 

I'm determined to have the first 'Adebayor 69' Villa shirt in the country. I can see them already printed in the store room behind the tills

• Like 1

Interesting this seemingly nailed on loan has died a death. I think there are only two possible reasons:

1) Levy has massively overplayed his hand and we have walked away.

2) Adebayor does not want to come here either because he does not like the club or living in the city or both.

Interestingly our new ITK covering Little Aston Hospital said he failed to keep two appointments for medicals which suggests he is not really interested. TBH I was hoping it was reason one and we had left Levy high and dry. Whilst on paper I see lots of pluses from a loan deal realistically I think we are probably better forgetting this one. My guess is the club has.

Medicals were set up, his contract was ready to sign. He vanished for four days during this period. Not somebody i really want tbh.

Although it isnt over until the window closes or he goes elsewhere i guess.

Edited by tsimutv

Does Richard or anybody know what happened here?

Just genuinely curious. I thought this was done and dusted. Did he just not turn up or something?

Nobody knows anything, people here claimed he had already signed and passed a medical weeks ago.

Most likely Tim tried to sign him but Levy wanted too much or Ade wouldnt lower his wages, just common sense really.

Does Richard or anybody know what happened here?

Just genuinely curious. I thought this was done and dusted. Did he just not turn up or something?

Nobody knows anything, people here claimed he had already signed and passed a medical weeks ago.

Most likely Tim tried to sign him but Levy wanted too much or Ade wouldnt lower his wages, just common sense really.

I think there may be an element of truth to him not wanting to leave London again. He didnt want to leave Arsenal but the silly money City were offering was a small sacrifice. Like most footballers driven by money. Boy does he like to boast how much money he has