Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

Again, IF true, that's another feather in Tim's cap.  Having the confidence to decide that the guy who did the biz for you in your only other stint as a manager maybe isn't the right man for you this time around.  It would've been very easy and very tempting for him to just get him on board.

Exactly.....or alternatively we have decided we won't be bullied by Levy into accepting a crap deal

• Like 2

Hopefully Gestede, Kozak, Ayew & Gabby have all impressed enough in training to convince Tim that spending these kind of wages just isn't needed. 4 strikers (plus upcoming players from youth) SHOULD be enough for a team without European commitment anyway.

The ball is now in Spurs court. If they want rid of him and he is motivated to play rather than to count his money then the deal might be brought back into life towards the end of the window if there have been no move by another club.  

On Talksport this morning they suggested that he wanted to stay in London. Surely he would have noticed before now that we are not? :rolleyes:   

• Like 1

The ball is now in Spurs court. If they want rid of him and he is motivated to play rather than to count his money then the deal might be brought back into life towards the end of the window if there have been no move by another club.  

On Talksport this morning they suggested that he wanted to stay in London. Surely he would have noticed before now that we are not? :rolleyes:   

Apparently football ends North of Watford and South of Lancashire, everybody knows that (well in the media at least), And Liverpool founded the football League seeing as they were the bestest team before the Premier League and then it's Man Utd since the Premier League started!

• Like 1

Do you think there is anything in the stories of him wanting to stay in London or Sherwood pulling the plug? Yes the deal has dragged on but there is still a few weeks of the window left and it could purely be down to negotiations over who pays his wages.

It's easy to point at Adeyabyor as being the issue but the truth is nobody knows what's happening.

Yeah agree, doesn't surprise me this deal has floundered just many variables that aren't in our favour.  Spurs want to make money out of any deal or at least ensure we cover his entire wages, he clearly doesn't fancy playing for us all that much, and by he sounds of it would rather stay in London.

It really enrages me when I hear a player say they would rather live / play in London, for me that's an immediate no thanks then...

• Like 1

Apparently football ends North of Watford and South of Lancashire, everybody knows that (well in the media at least), And Liverpool founded the football League seeing as they were the bestest team before the Premier League and then it's Man Utd since the Premier League started!

eh, it'll be Sheffield United dominating the next 1000 years anyways. bye bye united.

• Like 1

Still think this will happen. I don't believe any 'reports' DM print and haven't done for a while. Their just top 4 and Liverpool lovers with poor reporters. If Ade didn't want to leave London why even have a medical? It's ridiculous. Relegation battle worries? He'll be off to the Middle East/China/USA after next season so why worry?

I could of wrote that artical. Funny that no one else is reporting it tbh.

I think we're trying to make sure that we don't get Jenased again.

How many footballer-verbs are there? So far I've seen getting Delphed, getting Jenased and getting Postma'd.

• Like 1

I think we're trying to make sure that we don't get Jenased again.

What does that mean? Jenas suffered a season-long injury soon after coming to us, didn't he? How would we make sure that didn't happen with Adebayor (other than never allowing him to play or train)?