Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

51 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

He was often left dealing with Leeds right-hand side attacks on his own, with no central midfielder coming over to help him and Ayew wandering around up front doing **** all.

That's not true! A couple of times at least, Ayew tracked back and actually got him out of trouble. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alakagom said:

It's tough league for him imho, he needs to bulk up. Too skinny.

Amavi in BPL, where pace and technical skill is more important would be better. Not that his technical skills lately are good though lol 

Is that the Bangladeshi Premier League or Belarusian? 

Some overreactions on here. He was faced with a few tricky situations tonight and made wrong decisions, but was largely solid on the whole. It happens, one poor performance doesn't mean he's shite and his head has gone. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

Yet it was in a match versus a good Leeds side and we got a point. Just despicable.

I didn't realise individual performances were tied to a result. We've only lost a few this season, all of our players must have been great all season!

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I actually thought he was fine, other than one monumentally stupid moment that nearly cost us the game.

He let Sako in behind so many times, I can't imagine he'll enjoy an easier game many times than he did against Amavi tonight.

Last night was the worst game I have seen him play, but the over reaction here is ridiculous. For most of the season, he has consistently been one of our better players, has a shocker of a game, and those with goldfish attention spans want to get rid of him? 25 million was offered for him. Thats more than most of us including myself would make in a lifetime, so that is not like tossing chips to seagulls, somebody is willing to fork out that much money for him, because they think he is worth it.

We need to understand that what we have are not robots. Players eat, drink, sleep, have relationships, have personal problems, etc. Players, being human, will have bad games for an infinite amount of reasons, but to write them off as shit even though their overall consistency doesnt reflect that?

We go down the path of remaining a selling club, we sell Amavi, and then look to replace him. Would we really coerce better to come to a Chumpionship club? So after tossing money around, and eventually get what we percieve is quality due to the price tag, not taking into account the hyper bloated price because we have 25 million quid and an owner who is well known to be loaded, what guarantee is there that the replacement will be any good? Because we paid shitloads, the player has good stats and a good reputation? Bullshit. Micah Richards had a good reputation too, and that turned out brilliantly.

Amavi has the tools, talent, ability and youth to be valuable for us, but like every player that needs to breathe, they cant pull it off 100% of the time. If you dont believe that, then somebody with 25 million does.

Edited by AJ
There you go

6 minutes ago, AJ said:

Last night was the worst game I have seen him play, but the over reaction here is ridiculous. For most of the season, he has consistently been one of our better players, has a shocker of a game, and those with goldfish attention spans want to get rid of him? 25 million was offered for him. Thats more than most of us including myself would make in a lifetime, so that is not like tossing chips to seagulls, somebody is willing to fork out that much money for him, because they think he is worth it. We need to understand that what we have are not robots. Players eat, drink, sleep, have relationships, have personal problems, etc. Players, being human, will have bad games for an infinite amount of reasons, but to write them off as shit even though their overall consistency doesnt reflect that? We go down the path of remaining a selling club, we sell Amavi, and then look to replace him. Would we really coerce better to come to a Chumpionship club? So after tossing money around, and eventually get what we percieve is quality due to the price tag, not taking into account the hyper bloated price because we have 25 million quid and an owner who is well known to be loaded, what guarantee is there that the replacement will be any good? Because we paid shitloads, the player has good stats and a good reputation? Bullshit. Micah Richards had a good reputation too, and that turned out brilliantly. Amavi has the tools, talent, ability and youth to be valuable for us, but like every player that needs to breathe, they cant pull it off 100% of the time. If you dont believe that, then somebody with 25 million does.

I agree. Paragraphs are overrated. ;)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

He was often left dealing with Leeds right-hand side attacks on his own, with no central midfielder coming over to help him and Ayew wandering around up front doing **** all.

Ayew wasn't too bad, but yes the midfield left things wide open and he was alone a lot.

Two moments he made terrible decisions that both nearly cost us. The reaction if Hutton had done the same would be much worse. 

His passing wasn't great yesterday, giving the ball away at times when under little pressure. 

You can live with the odd bad performance but my worry is that's now two in a row that have been poor and it's right at the time where there's clear speculation about his future here. 

• Like 1

One of better players IMO. Makes a few mistakes defensively - he is more comfortable going forward, although his effectiveness at doing that has waned recently. He wasn't great last night and that calamity moment would have cost us more often than not.

I would absolutely sell  him for £25m though. I don't Amavi would want to go and play in china so rejecting the £25m was a good bit of PR for us.

Interesting that his linked with liverpool and he would seem exactly the type of defender they don't need. I would would think £12-15m + add ons a more realistic price.

First half - fine, actually played pretty well I'd say

Second half - abysmal, kept giving the ball away (did so 3-4 times in the space of a minute IIRC) and very nearly gave away a goal when he hesitated before recovering to deflect the ball on to the bar

Hope that second half was a one-off!!

47 minutes ago, striker said:

The rumoured 25m bid affected him last night which can happen to an even more experienced player.

Just out of interest, from an outsider's POV, do you think Amavi is too good to sell if the rumoured £25m offer is true?

Â