Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Wasn't the 25m supposedly from China?

I wonder if we'd have turned it down if it was from, say, Liverpool or Arsenal etc?

I mean, I'm guessing it's a possibility that Amavi said "I don't want to go to China". Makes it much easier for Villa to "reject" the bid.

If Arsenal or someone like that came calling and Amavi wanted to go then I wonder if the club would be as quick to reject the bid.

the 25mill is irrelevant to us.

If Amavi's head has gone and he wants to leave for whoever then he will not play well for us.

A bid is bid, so if someone had only bid 5mill and it turned his head he'd still be shit for us.

The fact that 25mill is a lot of money means we could buy a good enough replacement with loose change for other targets.

BUT!

The real problem is Finding a LB at a notoriously difficult time.

Having said that

We may be weakened by selling him and we may be weakened by playing him if he's shit (but less shit than Cissokho)

Man management is what is needed here.

SB SR & DrT have to sit him down and tell him

"Son, you're going nowhere now, get your head down and play football. Come end of this season and if we dont go up - we can talk again then"

On 30/12/2016 at 22:09, Stevo985 said:

Wasn't the 25m supposedly from China?

I wonder if we'd have turned it down if it was from, say, Liverpool or Arsenal etc?

I mean, I'm guessing it's a possibility that Amavi said "I don't want to go to China". Makes it much easier for Villa to "reject" the bid.

If Arsenal or someone like that came calling and Amavi wanted to go then I wonder if the club would be as quick to reject the bid.

Was thinking along these lines myself. Bit of good PR for the club to reject a £25M bid from a club the player had no intention of moving to.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Going backwards in recent games and I'm not sure he's prem quality if we ever do go back up. 

Is that to do with the supposed 25m bid? I mean, how much would he have earned from that deal that he has missed out on? 

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's not exactly amazing going forward either.

He shows decent promise when in space.  Toward the end, Grealish played a ball out to him and he put in a cracking ball... but no-one was there of course.  That's what he provides going forward.

Very hit and miss today.  Couple of good tackles and clearances, couple of poor positions and at fault for their second.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think he was ever amazing defensively though looks bit more comfortable in Championship

decent on the ball but nothing too dangerous in opposition half

Agreed, he has good technique, good passing but only really puts in a good delivery when not under pressure.

Â