Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

41 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He isn't improving at all, defensively or offensively, putting Cissokho back in and having £25m to spend on other areas mightn't be the end of the world. I've been willing to give him time after his injury.

not enough money in the world is worth that ;)

6 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Seems his confidence has been shot.

Or he's actually just not that good.  I have never seen in him whatever most people seem to. Even in those games before his injury. 

• Like 2

Just now, TrentVilla said:

The mistakes he is making aren't anything to do with confidence he just makes poor decisions, it's ridiculously easy to get behind him at the moment.

He looked scared with the ball today. To me it smells like lack of confidence.

On top, or bottom, of that, he's playing like shit.

34 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

He looked scared with the ball today. To me it smells like lack of confidence.

On top, or bottom, of that, he's playing like shit.

Just before the Burton game the reports came out of interest from Liverpool and then Dr. Tony said we'd turned down 25 million for him. I was at the Burton game and he played like someone who's agent had just told him he could be earning 100 thousand a week. Since then he's played terribly. Who knows what's going on, but he was looking better under Bruce until that week - now he looks like he'd rather be anywhere else other than in a Villa shirt.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Just before the Burton game the reports came out of interest from Liverpool and then Dr. Tony said we'd turned down 25 million for him. I was at the Burton game and he played like someone who's agent had just told him he could be earning 100 thousand a week. Since then he's played terribly. Who knows what's going on, but he was looking better under Bruce until that week - now he looks like he'd rather be anywhere else other than in a Villa shirt.

This was exactly the fear I had when I heard about the £25m bid.  To be fair to the player he started out as a winger and is still learning the defensive side of the game, additionally he is an 'attacking fullback' so will be caught out of position sometimes. This is why in order to compensate most teams that play with two attacking fullback also play with 2 defensive mids that can actually defend to cover for the fullbacks. Another example of players at the club not being utilised properly

I wouldn't take the 25 million as the club would only waste it on an average championship level player or two.

Edited by Philosopher
Wanted to add something was wasn't worth another post

12 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Lets not put guesswork into a situation that can turn fans against players shall we! It may be he is simply going through a bad run of form. 

• Like 2

Since the rumoured 25m bid his performances have taken a nose dive. Either his mind is elsewhere or the expectation on his shoulders now is weighing to heavily on him?

It might be better to move him into a left midfield position with Ciss more solid defensively at LB?

11 minutes ago, striker said:

Since the rumoured 25m bid his performances have taken a nose dive. Either his mind is elsewhere or the expectation on his shoulders now is weighing to heavily on him?

It might be better to move him into a left midfield position with Ciss more solid defensively at LB?

The glaring problem here would be that Cissokho would actually be back in the team!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

Not top priority, but He ain't at the races.

can't defend, not physically competent at present and his attacking flair has been negated with the problems of the team.

Liability

However, I do think the full backs are struggling due partly to this pesky problem of Midfield..

Edited by TRO

would love to see him given a go at LM which is where I see him progress to eventually, though not necessarily with us. his defensive positioning seems to be his weakness, but as a left mid he wouldn't be found out.

good with the ball at his feet and has a great cross on him. with him an adomah switching wings all we would need is someone to finish the crosses. then its only cissokho that needs replacing.

we would need to settle on a style of football though first! its been so long since we had one that I've forgotten 'the Villa way' :(

19 minutes ago, decamoto said:

would love to see him given a go at LM which is where I see him progress to eventually, though not necessarily with us. his defensive positioning seems to be his weakness, but as a left mid he wouldn't be found out.

good with the ball at his feet and has a great cross on him. with him an adomah switching wings all we would need is someone to finish the crosses. then its only cissokho that needs replacing.

we would need to settle on a style of football though first! its been so long since we had one that I've forgotten 'the Villa way' :(

for me he is built more like a winger.

31 minutes ago, decamoto said:

This season Amavi gets in to so many crossing positions and then doesn't cross the ball. That's definitely not what you want in a winger!

Pretty pointless to cross when Kodjia isn't on the pitch. Yesterday Amavi's only crossing option was Gabby when he was being marked by Wimmer, Alderwield, or Vickers. Needs to work on his defense though. It's mostly just he can't stay focused for 90 minutes. I don't blame him for the 2nd goal though. The ball got stuck in his feet. He read the play and was going to make the interception, but he got unlucky. 

Â