Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4068136/Marseille-willing-offer-8-5m-Aston-Villa-left-Jordan-Amavi.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Marseille have stepped up their interest in Aston Villa left back Jordan Amavi.

The French side are willing to offer £8.5million for the 22-year-old who cost Villa a similar amount when he joined from Nice in 2015.

The Daily Fail ladies and gents :lol:

(the rest of the ridiculous article is in the link if anyone can be bothered to read that dross) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Well well well...  Seems like another club thinks he's worth 25m too,  not so laughable really ... 

Even more laughable tbh given that it means multiple persons share that viewpoint. 

What is worrying is one of those people is our owner.

12 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Even more laughable tbh given that it means multiple persons share that viewpoint. 

What is worrying is one of those people is our owner.

and one is either a professional football manager or chief executive of i would guess a Premier League club

ridiculous

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

and one is either a professional football manager or chief executive of i would guess a Premier League club

ridiculous

Because they've never been known to pay well over the odds for players have they? Especially if it's Liverpool :crylaugh:

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Why is it worrying? All it says about the dr is that he wants the player more than he needs the money, I see nothing but a positive in that, hopefully a sign of things to come, it's safe to say the previous regime would have sold him for less

Just adds to the problem making it even more unaffordable to become competitive in this game. Rejecting 25m for Jordan amavi is ridiculous and goes along way to explain why we were charged 60m for a load of shite in the summer.

Edited by Woodytom

Reject it because we don't need to sell, great signs. Even if he isn't worth that much it makes a change for us not to sell our players to teams above us. Who cares how much he is really worth, we don't need to sell so we haven't, brilliant news. 

• Like 3

"hi, I'm interested in your car. I know it's not for sale but I could give you £2000 for it?"

"Nah, sorry mate. Someone already offered £6000 and I told them I'd rather keep it"

• Like 2

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Why is it worrying? All it says about the dr is that he wants the player more than he needs the money, I see nothing but a positive in that, hopefully a sign of things to come, it's safe to say the previous regime would have sold him for less

Quite possibly yes - A player valued at say £12m with a release clause of £8m. Sounds just like a Tom Fox special that... Grrrrrrrrr!!!! :)

Â