Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

42 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

£25 million for Amavi!!?? Bloody hell. Football is eating itself from the inside. That is insane money for a player who at this stage of his career is no more than a decent, young Championship left back. Absolutely bonkers.

we was 2nd best player in Ligue 1 in 2014/15 behind Zlatan

• Like 3

If he doesn't want to leave then keep him. If Tony is going to turn down that sort of money it just proves how serious he is, and how much money he actually has.

Amavi was poor yesterday but he will become a world class left back over the next few years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I wonder who bid? 

Plop, Everton, City?

Chelsea, UTD, and Spurs are all ok for left backs. Can't think of anyone else with that sort of money. Who's Arsenal's LB these days? Is it still Kieron Gibbs?

I can't see a team in the PL offering this sort of money to us. I had expected Plop to bid £12m and tell us to take it or leave it but it seems Tony is happy to tell someone to keep double that. :thumb:

I wonder if it might be a club from China? :detect:

1 minute ago, John said:

I can't see a team in the PL offering this sort of money to us. I had expected Plop to bid £12m and tell us to take it or leave it but it seems Tony is happy to tell someone to keep double that. :thumb:

I wonder if it might be a club from China? :detect:

Everton is my guess.

4 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Everton is my guess.

They seem to have loads of cash for some reason.

Supposedly after Van Dijk, Schneiderlin and Depay.

Obviously won't get all 3 AND Amavi, but they seem to have money.

Then again if they sold Lukaku...

1 minute ago, sne said:

True, but their new owner is also an Iranian Billionaire, that said, I am not sure if his big spending is long term.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Everyone has money in the Prem this season. You get 150 million for finishing bottom. Baggies bid 18 mil for Schneiderlin. The ******* Baggies!! 18 million! 

Just now, One For The Road said:

Not the player he was though and they may see Amavi as a potential future replacement. The money Prem clubs have now allows them to pay silly money even for back ups/replacements.

hope not

Amavi is okay, he isn't the best left back I have seen by any stretch of the imagination. I'd take £25m for him and get a replacement in. He isn't really that special

Whatever your views on Amavi, his market value, or the fact we have turned down a £25m bidfor him, i find it reassuring that the Dr has declined such a substantial offer.

It further underlines for me that our Chairmen means business. 

Â