Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

It doesn't make any difference if the club says they are not selling. If the player wants to go the move will happen. Players and agents are usually able to engineer moves away from lesser clubs. Especially ones in the second tier.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KHV said:

It doesn't make any difference if the club says they are not selling. If the player wants to go the move will happen. Players and agents are usually able to engineer moves away from lesser clubs. Especially ones in the second tier.

True.

If he really want's to leave, he'll get his move. All we can do is make sure we get as much money as possible for him.

Keeping an disgruntled, unhappy player is not a good option. (Not saying Amavi is or will be)

3 minutes ago, sne said:

True.

If he really want's to leave, he'll get his move. All we can do is make sure we get as much money as possible for him.

Keeping an disgruntled, unhappy player is not a good option. (Not saying Amavi is or will be)

Unless its about more than just this player!

6 minutes ago, sne said:

True.

Depends on who comes in for him. If Klopp comes in for him we won't keep hold of him for sure. I wouldn't blame him either, I think most footballers would jump at the chance of playing for Klopp.

6 hours ago, KHV said:

TBF this logic dictates that  Tony should have accepted £25 million for him. I think our Tone is ripping up the rule book, basicially because he is stinking filthy rich. Amavi will have to be sold with 12 months on his contract, but not a moment before if the owner chooses. 

20 minutes ago, Jareth said:

TBF this logic dictates that  Tony should have accepted £25 million for him. I think our Tone is ripping up the rule book, basicially because he is stinking filthy rich.

What about if Steve Bruce said "I do not want to sell him, we need him to stay to help out chances of promotion"? What about if he's thinking, well, if the player wants to go, then I need to talk up the asking price, by mentioning a (real or imaginary) if of 25 million? - those things/tactics are and have been commonplace in football for ages. The only new thing is using twitter instead of a favoured hack to get the message out there.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, blandy said:

What about if Steve Bruce said "I do not want to sell him, we need him to stay to help out chances of promotion"? What about if he's thinking, well, if the player wants to go, then I need to talk up the asking price, by mentioning a (real or imaginary) if of 25 million? - those things/tactics are and have been commonplace in football for ages. The only new thing is using twitter instead of a favoured hack to get the message out there.

For sure, why not, we can all only guess. I'm looking at Tony and see a young rich successful business man who has walked into English football promising to return Villa to the upper echelons and so far there isn't one action on his part that has me thinking anything else. Turning down this offer for Amavi, tweeting about it then only months later selling Amavi would be completely counter productive and would lose a lot of faith - which is why I don't think he is playing by the established rule book. 

9 hours ago, sne said:

True.

good job he is not playing for Albion then......Berinho:mellow:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

For sure, why not, we can all only guess. I'm looking at Tony and see a young rich successful business man who has walked into English football promising to return Villa to the upper echelons and so far there isn't one action on his part that has me thinking anything else. Turning down this offer for Amavi, tweeting about it then only months later selling Amavi would be completely counter productive and would lose a lot of faith - which is why I don't think he is playing by the established rule book. 

Don't get too precious about what he says.....Thats not me suggesting to disbelieve him or disrespect him.....He is a player, he plays the media, he is an intellect.

He is a dealer, he is a wily fox......I think for once we have someone who knows what he is doing and a bunch around him who do too....they talk to each other, which is novel for us.

I would not want to predict, what he will do......but I would safely say.....There is a plan.

9 hours ago, KHV said:

Depends on who comes in for him. If Klopp comes in for him we won't keep hold of him for sure. I wouldn't blame him either, I think most footballers would jump at the chance of playing for Klopp.

Benteke would do more of a crab walk.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he will be in the future, he is still only 22 years old and has had a serious injury 

But we are,  regardless of how much money Tony has,  knocking on the FFP ceiling. We could get a new left back,  new right back and new midfield who are all good enough to get promoted out of this league for £25m with no net change to our position. 

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

But we are,  regardless of how much money Tony has,  knocking on the FFP ceiling. 

Source to back this up please? 

I'm sure the club said recently in a fan forum that we had no FFP issues this season at all, and should be fine next season as well if we don't go up.

Has that now changed and I've missed it? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You can't just keep selling your better players and replacing them with inferior players because of FFP. That's exactly how we ended up down here! 

If you don't think he's one of our better players, fine. But to advocate selling him for the reasons you've given is foolish. IMO. 

Yes,  I think he's overrated. But regardless if we can get 3 players good enough to get us promoted then it's foolish not to. 

Our aim is promotion,  nothing else at this point. 

I have yet to see anything from Amavi to suggest he will be irreplaceable or indeed essential if we get to the PL.  

Kodjia is probably an essential player I would say at present as he has scored the goals. Baker and Chester are essential. 

Anyone else I would take the money if it is stupid enough to easily enable us to get in someone more than capable of doing the job we need plus some additional cash for strengthening elsewhere. 

Our past problems were not so much about selling our best players,  but selling our best players and buying woeful replacements. 

Edited by sidcow

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â