Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

1 hour ago, Spawnsworth said:

Not good enough.  I've seen him get bullied off the ball far too many times.  I've given him plenty of time before I made my mind up on him and he's just not good enough (and that's just my view)

Statistically one of the best ball winners in the league and completes over 85 percent of his passes. Not good enough apparently. Don't get it. 

• Like 2

But where is he on the park when he's dispossessed? Stats can tell you anything you want - I've got as many world cup winners medals as Messi, Ronaldo and Heskey combined - that's a fact - am I as good as them?

I'd bet IGG is at least 20 yards deeper than Ramsey/Yaya for his 'average dispossession position' (as ridiculous as a decimal for dispossessions per game) and that's a hell of a lot more harmful.

Anyway - I think hes a tidy player, but needs someone alongside who knows what this league is about. If he'd been alongside D*lph, I think we'd be crowing about him.

I've said it before, this guy - like Amavi - posts amazing stats that disguise the fact that he isn't actually effective. If you looked at their WhoScored ratings, you'd be led to believe that Gana and Amavi are two of the top 50 players in the division. 

It saves all this pointless discussion about it being a confidence issue. Get real guys, he is useless. 

We are the worst team in Premier League history and he's our worst player along with Gestede so i'm not sure how you can disagree.

Edited by Razor

5 minutes ago, Razor said:

It saves all this pointless discussion about it being a confidence issue. Get real guys, he is useless. 

We are the worst team in Premier League history and he's our worst player along with Gestede so i'm not sure how you can disagree.

1. No we're not.

2. He's not even the worst player in our midfield, and our midfield is probably the strongest (and I use that word lightly) area of our team right now, let alone our whole team.

25 minutes ago, Razor said:

Simply one of the worst Premier League players of all time.

I think he is awful, worst of all time is stretching the imagination though.

• Like 1

I'd actually agree that he's not our worst midfielder.  Sanchez gets that vote.  He's looked like a world beater a couple of times he's played agains Man City and maybe a couple of other games he looked decent but apart from that he is liability.  He hit possibly the most inaccurate pass I have ever seen vs QPR away last season which set up the attack for them to score their second.

If Gana isn't our worst midfielder then that does show how poor we really are, especially when you consider our midfield is our....erm... least weakest area

Â